They say i sound far away. They can't hear me. Help me.

This is a discussion on They say i sound far away. They can't hear me. Help me. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; When I'm talking to someone on the phone (holding the phone between my ear and shoulder without hands), I've had people say "what happened, you ...

Thread: They say i sound far away. They can't hear me. Help me.

They say i sound far away. They can't hear me. Help me.

When I'm talking to someone on the phone (holding the phone between my ear and shoulder without hands), I've had people say "what happened, you sound really far away" and I noticed that I am holding the phone between my ear and my shoulder. I know there is a noise canceling mic or something on the back and I think maybe that I'm covering the mic and it screws with the call sound. Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks a lot for any help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds to me like you've answered your question!!

I was looking for a no so much smart a.s answer. I have used many phones and it helps when you are have your hands occupied (removing a video car for expample, while holding a flashlight) and holding the phone using your shoulder and ear.
    How does this noise cancellation work and is there a way to stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by zohan30 View Post
    I was looking for a no so much smart a.s answer. I have used many phones and it helps when you are have your hands occupied (removing a video car for expample, while holding a flashlight) and holding the phone using your shoulder and ear.
    How does this noise cancellation work and is there a way to stop it?
    The noise cancellation helps to minimize external noise i.e walking on the street while talking on the phone etc. this helps to the other person to hear you better.

I don't believe there is a way to disable the noise can. mic as it is part of how the phone is suppose to be optimized for clarity when speaking.

Hope that helps.

maybe when you talking in that posture the noise cancelling mic would receive more of your voice so it cut out some of it?

probably when you talk in that posture, the voice receiving mic receives less of your voice and at the same time the noise cancelling mic receives your voice and cuts out some of it.

Unfortunately I experience this also. My solutions has been to find the best way to hold it and remember to hold it there or to use a BT headset when I'm at my desk.

None of which are ideal.

well yes, a bluetooth headset should be the best solution or just make use of the headset which came with the phone. holding the phone between the ear and shoulder is not good for your neck

Ah, I didnt realise it was by design :-)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links