SMS Not Sending (AT&T)

This is a discussion on SMS Not Sending (AT&T) within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm thinking the network is the culprit as well. I have nothing to compare the N1 to on TMobile, since I'm coming from Verizon. Not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMS Not Sending (AT&T)

I'm thinking the network is the culprit as well. I have nothing to compare the N1 to on TMobile, since I'm coming from Verizon. Not to give Verizon a shameless plug, but out of the thousands of messages I've sent on it, I've never gotten a failure.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 2g and 3g have nothing to do with SMS, as they aren't sent over the data band (they're sent over the voice band). It may effect MMS, which uses data.

I never had to reboot my phone, but sometimes I've had to send the message 3-5 times before it is actualy accepted. It does seem more like an intermittent service outage (1-3 mins), then a hardware issue. Doesn't make it any less annoying, especially if theres something urgent you've got to send out.

Like I said, only happens in about 1 out of 50-100 messages, so I can deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I strongly suspect network congestion. I have written and sent messages, both short and long, that very rarely simply will not send. I get the red exclamation symbol. However, instead of rebooting, i simply type the message over again and send, and it goes. This has the smell of an intermittent network issue.
    I've tried that and it never successfully resends ... If I restart and it works then, how could it be a network issue? I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong, just am curious.
    Did you ever think that the network congestion is just resolved by the time you restart? In my experience it rarely takes longer then 5-90 seconds before I can sent again. Next time, try waiting a few minutes without restarting and see what happens.

I don't even turn 3G on since I'm on the AT&T network.
    a big OHHHHHH...
    sorry i didn't know at&t is 2G only

Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I'm thinking the network is the culprit as well. I have nothing to compare the N1 to on TMobile, since I'm coming from Verizon. Not to give Verizon a shameless plug, but out of the thousands of messages I've sent on it, I've never gotten a failure.
    Also, I'm pretty sure that 2g and 3g have nothing to do with SMS, as they aren't sent over the data band (they're sent over the voice band). It may effect MMS, which uses data.
    I never had to reboot my phone, but sometimes I've had to send the message 3-5 times before it is actualy accepted. It does seem more like an intermittent service outage (1-3 mins), then a hardware issue. Doesn't make it any less annoying, especially if theres something urgent you've got to send out.
    mm... so it's just like you can't make an outgoing call when you got a "network busy" notification...

Did a search and couldn't find any threads addressing this problem, sorry if it's a repost.

Have had my Nexus One for a few days now and this has happened twice. I type an SMS and hit send (full coverage area). It says that the message cannot be sent. I attempt to resend. Same thing. Eventually I have to restart the phone and resend for it send. Anyone else having this problem? I'm on the AT&T network if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance..
    You could try to change SMS center number or reenter it manually. Open dial pad enter *#*#4636#*#* then Phone information, scroll down to SMSC enter manually ATT SMS center number and hit update button, home button and restart your phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links