internet connectivity

This is a discussion on internet connectivity within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am currently in Costa Rica and went to the phone service provider to set up my phone for internet. They were able to input ...

Thread: internet connectivity

internet connectivity

I am currently in Costa Rica and went to the phone service provider to set up my phone for internet. They were able to input the APN but every time they did this the phone would not save it. They believe that there may be some kind of security feature that is built in that does not allow them to save their APN on the phone and that I may need the APN from Google . The phone is not sold here and I got it because the Nexus is unlocked. I have had no problems with using it as a phone and WI Fi works perfectly.

Does any one have information on this or how to solve this problem so I can set up the phone to receive internet here?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Internet connectivity/APN

The APN here is: icecelular (all in lower case letters).

Thanks!

Apn

I will try to find out this info but when I was in the office yesterday with someone who spoke fluent Spanish/English that is what they gave us ,in fact wrote it down). It may not be till tomorrow when I can find out but I will get it to you ASAP. Really appreciate your help!

Apn

Well I looked through this and it confirms here in Costa Rica the APN is icecelular.

2. ¿Cuál APN se utiliza en Costa Rica?
    APN “icecelular”: Con él los usuarios podrán tener acceso a páginas en formato HTML (el internet que ya conocemos en las PC) y WML lo que conocemos por WAP.

This basically says the APN they use is icecelular and then you can access the internet. If there is something else I will get my friend to phone them tomorrow.
    I will keep looking too.

Here's a google translation of the web page.

1. What is WAP?
    It is a protocol to display Web pages in the phone in WML format (text).

2. Which APN is used in Costa Rica?
    APN "icecelular": With it users can access pages in HTML (the Internet we know in the PC) and what we know as WML WAP.

3. What is IP?
    It is a protocol that handles the delivery of packets on the network. Only some terminals require this value to establish the connection.

4. What IP network is used in ICE?

If the first 4 digits of your phone is from:
    The IP address is:
    8810, 8811 ... until 8851
    8330, 8331 ... until 8349
    172.27.10.4 (this is for my phone)
    8853, 8854 ... until 8899
    8980, 8981 ... until 8982
    8990, 8991 ... until 8998

5. Is the Mobile Internet service is only for Ericsson GSM technology?
    Mobile Internet service now is applied to the GSM technology.

6. When I'm connected, I can make and receive calls?
    At this point, all approved by the ICE device can receive calls as you have Internet connection.

Apn

Yes . the account is current and I have no problems with the phone service.
    I will try to find out further info from them tomorrow. Hopefully there is an answer to this? Other question, they do have G3 lines available, do you think if I got G3 it might correct the problem? Their plans for G3 are really terrible though so basic internet would suffice on the regular line. Thanks Again!

Unable to Edit/Save APN - xda-developers

Looks like your APN is not included in Google's default APN list. the This link above should offer you some helpful information. But in order to follow the steps, you need to unlock your Nexus one first and get root access. To do that, you need to follow instructions on the link beblow.

Root the Nexus one Tutorial Updated to include ERE27 Update - xda-developers

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links