Loose vibrator - something seems wrong

This is a discussion on Loose vibrator - something seems wrong within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello! I'm really looking for help on this matter: I've had my Nexus One for a week, and from the beginning I've noticed some "clacking" ...

Thread: Loose vibrator - something seems wrong

Loose vibrator - something seems wrong

Hello!

I'm really looking for help on this matter:

I've had my Nexus One for a week, and from the beginning I've noticed some "clacking" sound when I knock gently on the backcover while the phone has its screen up. This sound does not occur when knocking gently on the screen with the backcover up. At first I was not too worried, but recently, I realized the problem seems to be the vibrator being loose, somehow.

So I did what anybody would do: Test it - in order to figure out the problem. (Even though I was not too happy with the throught of my phone having a fault). I tried calling the phone from a different phone with the vibrate function on, and the result came out as I expected (and feared): When holding the phone normally (screen up), the vibrator causes a noisy sound. It sounds like it is constantly bonking against the backcover, and it seems almost useless effect-wise. When holding the phone backside up, it sounds "normal".

I have no idea how strong the vibrator in a "normal" Nexus One is, but mine seems ridiculous ineffective. I would love to hear some feedback about this, please!

I would also love to hear if some people have experienced the same (or similar) problems.

Now, my real problem is: As much as I really want to keep the phone here, I feel that buying such an expensive handset with a fault in it simply is not okay. And therefore I would like to have it either exchanged for a new one, or repaired (do they even do that?). The real trouble is, however, that I live in Denmark - a country which the Nexus One currently is not available to, and probably will not be for quite some time.

I would be -really- happy if anybody could help me out by sharing their experience on returns from countries, which the Nexus One currently is not available to.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Rasmussn.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hmmm...loose vibrator, eh? I'm not touching that one...it's just to easy. Almost sounds one of those car issues, like "when I shift from first to second, there's a loud rumbling noise that comes from my rear end".

Back to the topic...the "rattling" you hear is seemingly common with this first N1 build. It's most likely the autofocus mechanism and the noise has been confirmed by some HTC customer service reps.

They say there shouldn't be a rattle, but truthfully they probably won't be able to fix it even if you do send it in for repair. Chances are you'll just have to live with it...at least until they correct the design issue in future builds. Whether that happens before our warranty runs out is impossible to know. This should not affect the performance of the phone, but if it's causing any real problems (cam won't focus, etc), you should be under warranty, but you'll likely just get a refurb that makes the same noise...

See here: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...le-device.html

or here: Rattle near the auto-focus - Android Forums

and lastly: Search results - Nexus One Help

Thank you for your reply.

This has definitely calmed me. The reason I thought it was the vibrator, was because it seemed to change its noise whenever I turned the phone around.

I do apologize for creating this new topic - as English isn't my native language, I never thought of the word 'rattle' - my apologies.

Once again - thanks for your informative post.

Not a problem, and btw, your English is perfectly understandable. It's just the "loose vibrator" bit...well, it made me spit a little coffee on my monitor. eh, I'll leave it at that.

id have to agree with kc, your English is perfectly understandable, but the tittle of the thread was the first thing my girlfriend read then asked me "what the hell website are you on?" i couldnt help but laugh!!

haha that was funny

hey bud check this thread out for more details.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...le-device.html
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Yeah, I guess I'm a bit slow. I never really got the 'vibrator' thing until now.

Thanks for your information and links guys.

jku
    A week after I got my new N1, pressing a soft key (with the haptic mode on) leads to short vibration and at the end there is a clack. Sometimes less and sometimes more audible. It's kinda irritating and I had to switch off the haptic mode.

Is this the same issue as the one described here and on the thread d1mitrov posted a link to?

Quote Originally Posted by jku View Post
    A week after I got my new N1, pressing a soft key (with the haptic mode on) leads to short vibration and at the end there is a clack. Sometimes less and sometimes more audible. It's kinda irritating and I had to switch off the haptic mode.

Is this the same issue as the one described here and on the thread d1mitrov posted a link to?
    yes thats the same issue i reckon. I didnt had this issue for the first month +++ i used the phone, it became more evident the rattling sound when the haptic feedback occurs, i had to switch off keyboard haptic feedback. The casing i'm using kinda holds the phone abit tighter so i dont feel/hear that much of a rattle normally unless i'm in a really quiet room.

The rattle from the top is the camera auto focus mech and is normal.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links