Call Voice Command (Dialing By Voice) Not Working

This is a discussion on Call Voice Command (Dialing By Voice) Not Working within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Whenever I hold the search magnifying glass and say "Call, [person name] mobile" it doesn't work. Instead, a web search shows up with the words ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call Voice Command (Dialing By Voice) Not Working

Call Voice Command (Dialing By Voice) Not Working

Whenever I hold the search magnifying glass and say "Call, [person name] mobile" it doesn't work. Instead, a web search shows up with the words "call [person name] mobile" in the search box and a list of returned searches. So I know the phone is correctly understanding what I'm saying, it's just not engaging the phone to call the number or list people to select to call the number.

I have tried this several times with [person name] being any number of my friends. Probably have tried with at least 10 different individual's names.

When I first got the phone, the "Call or Dial by Voice" feature worked fine.

Is anyone else having this problem? I know we just got an OTA update and not sure if that caused any issues.

btw...when I use "navigate to" "map of" or "directions to," those voice commands all work fine. I'm only having problems with the "call" feature.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by CavyN1 View Post
    Whenever I hold the search magnifying glass and say "Call, [person name] mobile" it doesn't work. Instead, a web search shows up with the words "call [person name] mobile" in the search box and a list of returned searches. So I know the phone is correctly understanding what I'm saying, it's just not engaging the phone to call the number or list people to select to call the number.

I have tried this several times with [person name] being any number of my friends. Probably have tried with at least 10 different individual's names.

When I first got the phone, the "Call or Dial by Voice" feature worked fine.

Is anyone else having this problem? I know we just got an OTA update and not sure if that caused any issues.

btw...when I use "navigate to" "map of" or "directions to," those voice commands all work fine. I'm only having problems with the "call" feature.
    Are you using Google voice?

I am using Google Voice

Recheck your settings / setup for google voice. Some people lost their internet settings when they updated last week, no major worries but the first thing to check...

Those seem fine. Nothing out of place there.

how do you change the setting?

You need to open your 'Google Voice Inbox' > menu then settings!!

is there anything specific that needs to be changed to make voice dialing work again? i looked at my settings and they seem fine. my voice dialing still isn't working. thanks.

Issue resolved. I contacted Nexus One Tech Support. They had me remove the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in and start the phone. When I tried the feature again, it worked this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CavyN1 View Post
    Issue resolved. I contacted Nexus One Tech Support. They had me remove the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in and start the phone. When I tried the feature again, it worked this time.
    Glad to hear you got it sorted, I must admit though, I would not of thought of removing the battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links