Can't send text message

This is a discussion on Can't send text message within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by LCRKZ0023 Has anyone found a fix to this sms not sending msgs thing. Can anyone confirm whether or not a new unit ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't send text message

Quote Originally Posted by LCRKZ0023 View Post
    Has anyone found a fix to this sms not sending msgs thing. Can anyone confirm whether or not a new unit fixes this??
    I too would love to know... my phone is still doing this.

it's weird b/c my mostly only does it at work, at my desk. Anywhere else seems to be fine. I have great 3G coverage at work, it just wont work. Also if u notice when you cant send msgs, you also cant receives calls. Ive tried it several times and it rings 3 times and goes to voice mail but my device never rings. So when you cant send text you can receive calls either just to let everyone know

. Ive also noticed during this activity that if you run a ping test from the *#*#INFO#*#* feature...that it says that PingIpApps: "not found or unknown" when normally it will quickly say"Pass". So i keep re running the test and it will "Pass" the it will "fail" intermittingly...something is not right with the radio or something.

Annoying problem. This happens only on some days. Two days ago I had to reboot my phone three times in order to reply to text messages.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah i'm still having this problem too, someone said that htc gave him/her a new device when he/she reported the problem to htc. have anyone else tried this and those that got a new devise, did it solve the problem?

Its not a device specific problem. Its an Android issue. It happens with any android phone. Its been an issue since 1.0. I guess the devs haven't found a way to fix it.

It has something to do with the radio "locking up." If you ever try to put the phone in airplane mode when this is happening it gets stuck. The only fix is to do a reboot. Its annoying, I know, but don't go sending your phones back. It's not going to help.

yeah i dont think its andorid either. because my step father has the mytouch, and hasnt had a single problem with it..

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Daddy View Post
    Its not a device specific problem. Its an Android issue. It happens with any android phone. Its been an issue since 1.0. I guess the devs haven't found a way to fix it.

It has something to do with the radio "locking up." If you ever try to put the phone in airplane mode when this is happening it gets stuck. The only fix is to do a reboot. Its annoying, I know, but don't go sending your phones back. It's not going to help.
    I'm not convinced it's Android...as my G1 never did this..only my N1. I think it's the radio freezing, and not recovering, and I think the most recent radio update exacerbated the issue. I've been meaning to d/l and try the 'unofficial' radio update, but still haven't figured out if I need to be rooted to get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyNeXus1 View Post
    yeah i dont think its andorid either. because my step father has the mytouch, and hasnt had a single problem with it..
    so if the problem continues a new devise might solve the problem?

Just gonna throw this out there, but ever since the first week or so of owning the phone mine has only done it once since then and that was yesterday. Knock on wood.

so if the problem continues a new devise might solve the problem?[/QUOTE]

i dont know, but what i meant was that i think android phones running 2.0 are having the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    This can happen for many reasons, most commonly either you or recipient has moved out of range, or are toggling between data service types (3G/EDGE), or simply a network congestion issue. Waiting or reboots often fix all of the above, as you re-initiate tower access, and get reregistered to fresh connection sockets. You could try toggling airplane mode instead of waiting for a full reboot, which should reset your network connection.
    Yeah, have this problem too. Unfortunately, my apartment seems split between an 3G/EDGE network.....so depending where I go, I'm in one or the other. This problem has only occurred with me while at home.....several times.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links