Can't send text message

This is a discussion on Can't send text message within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am reporting back on a partial solution to the problem. The issue is indeed caused by the 3g mode. After I switched to 2g ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Can't send text message

Temp Fix

I am reporting back on a partial solution to the problem. The issue is indeed caused by the 3g mode. After I switched to 2g mode only (settings>>wireless networks>>mobile networks>> use 2g only) I have not had the problem reoccur. As I indicated in my previous post, the issue started occurring during the same time that my city got T-Mobile 3g and the phone started using that mode automatically. This is a temporary solution until Google decides to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex 2010 View Post
    I am reporting back on a partial solution to the problem. The issue is indeed caused by the 3g mode. After I switched to 2g mode only (settings>>wireless networks>>mobile networks>> use 2g only) I have not had the problem reoccur. As I indicated in my previous post, the issue started occurring during the same time that my city got T-Mobile 3g and the phone started using that mode automatically. This is a temporary solution until Google decides to fix it.
    Unfortunately, this does not work for me. To add to the pool of knowledge, here is how the problem hit me:

My N1 worked fine with text and MMS messages using an ATT prepaid SIM. I wanted to try out my T-Mobile SIM and found the settings for T-Mobile, which I put in the phone. T-Mobile worked fine (but I don't think I tested text messages -- just data and calls). I have the old grandfathered T-Mobile Internet plan and didn't feel like risking it right now, so I put the ATT SIM back in to use (I have lots of prepaid dollars that I want to burn off with their data plan). When I did that, text messages no longer work. I deleted the T-Mobile APN settings. I chose "Reset to Default" for the remaining APN setting when deleting T-Mobile didn't seem to work.

So still no ability to send or receive text messages. (Data and phone calls themselves still work.) This is a serious issue. I had given some thought to moving completely to the Nexus One, but not if it is this flaky.

Any indication from Google/HTC that they even recognize there is a problem? I paid w-a-a-a-y too much for a phone that doesn't work in the way that every other cell phone in the world works.

====
    Let me add what I suppose is now a related question: How do I make a warranty claim and how do I send the phone back? Thanks.

====
    Okay, I see that Google won't take it back because two weeks have passed (just barely). I've sent an email to HTC. Sigh . . . . If the phone/software won't reliably support SMS/MMS, someone needs to warn others to stay away from this device.

Quote Originally Posted by phonepaul View Post
    My N1 worked fine with text and MMS messages using an ATT prepaid SIM. I wanted to try out my T-Mobile SIM and found the settings for T-Mobile, which I put in the phone. T-Mobile worked fine (but I don't think I tested text messages -- just data and calls). I have the old grandfathered T-Mobile Internet plan and didn't feel like risking it right now ...
    I have no knowledge for the ATT portion of your question, but as an FYI, your T-Mobile "grandfathered" plan won't work correctly unless you call and let them know you need the Android data plan (no extra charges apply). I was on a grandfathered plan when I got my Nexus and T-Mo had to do that for me before everything worked correctly, even though I had a data plan. After that, everything smoothed out and it's been working great, with no problems sending MMS.

Mea culpa! I was too quick to point the finger at the phone. It appears this problem may have arisen from something screwy ATT does with tying its prepaid accounts to a specific phone's IMEI. The explanation makes no sense to me; I suspect it is some attempt by ATT to control its users. Google and HTC, I apologize. Now I just need to reload all the apps I uninstalled.

Glad you figured it all out and can now fully enjoy your N1

I had this problem today. Turning the phone off and on solved it. Any updates on this issue?

I still have the problem, though less frequently than I used to. Sure, rebooting the phone may work....but it will also work to leave it alone, and they'll sync back up.

I have been reluctant to restore to factory defaults just because of the nuisance of having to reload everything.

That said...I have to reboot my phone virtually every day, because for some reason the touch screen goes haywire, and doesn't accept my "touch".

I still love the phone though.

It's getting SO old. ugh. The fact that I have to reboot my phone just to send a text is ridiculous.

And why doesn't it send picture messages? My fiance rarely ever gets my picture messages to his ATT iphone, and sometimes he'll get them 5 hours later. Most of the time the picture messages never send to anyone and sometimes they will....

I just don't get it. And why can't you send Video messages?? It doesn't even work through emails.

Quote Originally Posted by SIT0RI View Post
    It's getting SO old. ugh. The fact that I have to reboot my phone just to send a text is ridiculous.

And why doesn't it send picture messages? My fiance rarely ever gets my picture messages to his ATT iphone, and sometimes he'll get them 5 hours later. Most of the time the picture messages never send to anyone and sometimes they will....

I just don't get it. And why can't you send Video messages?? It doesn't even work through emails.
    I replied to you in your own thread..try these settings to fix the pic via mms issue:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...blems-etc.html

i have the same problem too and i tot its an issue with my phone the and the stuff i downloaded but it seems tat its a common problem. think android needs to fix the bug. have to reboot the phone to send messages

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links