Can't send text message

This is a discussion on Can't send text message within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yeah I have this problem, although hasn't happened as much recently...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Can't send text message

Yeah I have this problem, although hasn't happened as much recently

Still having this problem...

I am still having this problem... I was actually able to snag the FRE50 upgrade of Android 2.2 (froyo) and flashed my phone. It happens slightly less with 2.2, but it STILL happens. Though it does seem to be a little more forgiving before it just returns with a failure now. Now it will sit in "sending..." status for 10 minutes before returning with a failure. All of this while the signal meter reports 3-4 bars of 3G signal.

Honestly, at this point, Im considering selling the N1 on ebay and going back to my trusty old Blackberry curve. I love the phone otherwise, but these random connectivity issues are frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDragon View Post
    I am still having this problem... I was actually able to snag the FRE50 upgrade of Android 2.2 (froyo) and flashed my phone. It happens slightly less with 2.2, but it STILL happens. Though it does seem to be a little more forgiving before it just returns with a failure now. Now it will sit in "sending..." status for 10 minutes before returning with a failure. All of this while the signal meter reports 3-4 bars of 3G signal.

Honestly, at this point, Im considering selling the N1 on ebay and going back to my trusty old Blackberry curve. I love the phone otherwise, but these random connectivity issues are frustrating to say the least.
    ever since i updated to 2.2(about a month or two now) this only happen maybe once or twice, but i notice that my gallery does not load up properly. sometime it show the album but you cant click on it to see the pics and sometime it doesn't show anything at all! i tried restarting and the problem still doesn't go away. anyone else experiencing this problem?

I think I have a resolution.. dunno if this applies. I was having similar trouble with my N1.. I could recieve phone calls and call out and recieve sms but i couldnt send sms. I called Google and the guy told me to go to the dialer and press *#*#4636#*#* and it brings me to the a testing page, press phone information, scroll down to the bottom where it says SMSC. Find out what your carrier's smsc is through their website or just call them... add it in hit update and ur done. The guy also said that it could be the sim. Get a new sim card. The tech support guy at Google was very helpful.

Again, I dunno if this helps.. I tried lol

Hope this helps!

Zen- Try this:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post49424

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Zen- Try this:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post49424

just tried it, hopefully it help resolve the issue, nice find btw

Call ended on Nexus one, Can't send sms and call, can only receive sms and call

Hi, I am using a nexus one with Android 2.1

I have the same problem, can't send SMS and make calls, but not just sometimes, it suddenly happened and it's now all the time, it means that i can only receive calls and sms, but can't call and send sms !

Any solution ?

(it doesn't work also if i set the phone to 2G only)

Thanks for help.

cant send text messages.

I found out the problem. Make sure you GPS is disable. I had my GPS enable, and that's when I was receiving those "text message was not sent" Try it out and let me know if that solves the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by thatskanyon View Post
    I think I have a resolution.. dunno if this applies. I was having similar trouble with my N1.. I could recieve phone calls and call out and recieve sms but i couldnt send sms. I called Google and the guy told me to go to the dialer and press *#*#4636#*#* and it brings me to the a testing page, press phone information, scroll down to the bottom where it says SMSC. Find out what your carrier's smsc is through their website or just call them... add it in hit update and ur done. The guy also said that it could be the sim. Get a new sim card. The tech support guy at Google was very helpful.

Again, I dunno if this helps.. I tried lol

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for this thatskanyon!

Have updqated my SMS Center (SMSC) Number... prayed for a change...

But Alas... Android hates SMS... Everything else is better faster than me olde symbian.... EXCEPT SMS.. takes upto 6 hours to deliver! X-(

hey guys I was wondering where to find the smsc for the nexus s? I have the same problem and this is on gingerbread 2.3.3...

please help, it hasn't stopped for the last 10 hours now and I'm really about to lose my mind.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links