Can't send text message

This is a discussion on Can't send text message within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i was wondering if anyone have the same issue as me, sometime i get an error saying that the text message was not sent, even ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't send text message

Can't send text message

i was wondering if anyone have the same issue as me, sometime i get an error saying that the text message was not sent, even after multiple times it would not sent. sometime after a while it would send and sometime a restart would allow the message to be sent. anyone have this issue or know how to fix. thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have this problem all the time! I usually just restart my phone and it'll work again. It's rather annoying and I hope there's a fix soon.

I have this exact same problem!! Very annoying. I'm on AT&T too, thought maybe it was an AT&T issue.

alphawave7, I tried that airplane mode idea and it didn't work :[

This happens to me a lot too. Full bars and can't send. Rebooting fixes it everytime without moving locations. It's definitely the phone and not the carrier because of other behaviors.

For example, I tried using the airplane mode to enable/disable the radio to try and fix the problem without rebooting. When I toggle it on using the power key on top, its says "on" and goes back to the home screen. However, the bars at the top stay. If I hold the power key again to turn off airplane mode it says it's "on" but I can't click it again. It's grayed out.

If I go to Settings, the Airplane mode is not checked. If I check it nothing changes. Reception bars still show in the status bar. If I exit back to the home screen and return to settings, Airplane mode does not show checked.

I still can't change it by pressing the power on button. I'm forced to reboot the phone at this point. When it comes back up it's in airplane mode and I can disable it from the power button menu.

Very frustrating how many little things don't work on this damn Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Are you too on ATT?
    I'm on T-mobile.

I am in an edge only area for T-Mobile and I cannot send 5 megapixel photos. I can only send a pic if I take it while the setting is at 2 or 3 megapixels. I think T-Mobile is somehow "choking" the network. I had no idea the higher pixel rate would do this.

I have the same issue, though not as often. Quite annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

You can toggle AirPlane mode before the data hangs, but cannot AFTER the data hangs?
    Correct. If you consider not being able to send text messages a "data hang".

I had this same problem today, and it was very annoying. I was sending out a message to 30 people and got about 10 back in that time. Nothing I sent out after that worked, and I was really annoyed because I didn't want to have to retype my responses. I'm on T-Mobile using Hancent, and it's never really set my wrong before (other than spotty coverage at my house).

To fix it I used Beautiful widgets Airplane mode button to put it into airplane mode (took 2 tries) and when it came back everything was fine again.

This is a ridiculous problem to have on such an awesome phone.

Everyone is relating this to a connection issue. While being a tech I can somewhat agree but this did not start happening to me since the new update was pushed to my phone. Let me say this again the NEW update brought this issue.

Because I don't want to reboot and airplane mode doesn't always resolve the issue, I just tap the message that wasn't sent and back a couple words and retype them and it goes through -- random but somehow works 90% of the time.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links