GPS with Google Maps really off with image attached

This is a discussion on GPS with Google Maps really off with image attached within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just tried it again today and today it is really off by about a block or so. Opposite side of the street as well. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS with Google Maps really off with image attached

I just tried it again today and today it is really off by about a block or so. Opposite side of the street as well. My location is where I placed the tissue and the location where it is showing me is next to the MRT on the opposite side of the street about a block away. I think the GPS was more accurate before the software update. Before the update it was off as well and quite off but now it is really off.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Usually, it is about 1-3 blocks in my area. The closest its ever gotten to EXACTLY pinpointing my location was about 1 street away from my house.

Which isn't perfect, but its pretty good.

But it has always been exactly spot on when moving on streets, or using directions. It seems like locating your info while stationary is harder. :P
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

That GPS has been flashing for around 30 minutes now and it still can't give me an accurate position. I am going to guess that my GPS is not working or something.

Just tried it being connected to wifi and it gave me another position on the other side of the street still a block a way. Tried it with and without wifi about 4 times and location with and without is different and quite off.

I wish I could say the same "That's exactly where I'm at".
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG-KPYyX4o0[/ame]

It's gotta be faulty, even indoors right now I get a proper GPS lock in seconds. For you to not have one after 30mins just ain't right.

Something must be wrong with GPS perhaps. I just tried my Iphone and it's off too and I now get the same location on my Google Map using my Iphone as I do using my Nexus One. I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Solar flares set to wreak havoc on GPS signals -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Are you unable to attain lock? Are there tall buildings around?
    Some tall buildings around but it's not like I'm in Hong-Kong. Buildings here are not too tall. Doubt it is a building issue. All GPS devices in taxis here are really accurate.

Thumbs up

I use GPS Status available from the market for free. It provides you with some tweeks and displays signal strength and number of satellites. It also replaces Compass and gives speed and pitch information.

My error is 4m in doors. I believe you either have a defective device or too much noise to get the satellite locks.

Edit: I don't know why I have a thumbs down on here. Please disregard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links