No service

This is a discussion on No service within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; This has happened to me a couple of times recently. I will look at my phone and it says "No service" and zero bars. That's ...

Thread: No service

No service

This has happened to me a couple of times recently. I will look at my phone and it says "No service" and zero bars. That's not too surprising -- I don't get great signal strength in my house, and not infrequently I will lose the connection altogether until I change position or something; normally it just reconnects as soon as I have signal again. What is disturbing with these couple of incidents is that the service never comes back, even if I move outside where I know I have a strong signal -- I've had to power-cycle the phone to get it to pick up service again. I have T-Mobile, FWIW.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Same thing here... on the phone NOW with HTC. Never happened prior to the update! Notification bar states "Emergency Call Only T-Mobile". Will see what happens next.

After I posted a response to that thread.... my phone started doing it again!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Rather than powercycle try going to mobile networks and re-search, or toggle airplane mode. This often resolves it for me.
    I did try airplane mode, but that didn't help; I still had "no service."

I'll try the mobile networks settings if it happens again.

Not much help from HTC, this time while polite and helpful, didn't really know what to do. After a hour and a half with more than I could stand of "Sorry" I had to hang up. Basically, an undocumented problem they haven't heard of, even though I spoke with them twice (and have ticket #'s) about this issue. Without more people complaining there only recommendation (after 14 days ownership) is to send it in and if it's broke they'll fix under warrenty and if there's nothing to fix they'll send it back. If the problem continues there is nothing they can do. Frustrating mainly because it's only 4 weeks old!

jah
    I've been having this problem really, really badly after the update, and I've been meaning to bring it up.

I get it at my office, which always has lousy reception and only Edge. Several times a day, I'm finding myself power cycling or even taking the battery out (after a power cycle that doesn't fix it where I usually have a good signal). Or I will glance at my phone, and it will say emergency service only.

So we're not alone, but that doesn't feel super helpful.

jah
    Oh, I forgot two parts: it seems to help to turn off wifi. I know not why.

And here's a weird one, at least to me. Ever since the update, the weather keeps telling me I live in Espoo Finland. At least half of the times today when I tried to check the weather (it was snowing), I was apparently in Finland.

Call HTC and have them log the problem. It seems they'll put more effort into researching the problem as more people complain.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links