Problem with voice search and voice dialer

This is a discussion on Problem with voice search and voice dialer within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; when i try to use voice search(icon with mic) to search for something or to type a text while im driving it keep saying connection ...

Thread: Problem with voice search and voice dialer

Problem with voice search and voice dialer

when i try to use voice search(icon with mic) to search for something or to type a text while im driving it keep saying connection error? does anyone know why it is doing this. is it something wrong wit the setting or is it my phone. also when i use voice dialer it cannot pick up with i said and doesn't seem to work properly. anyone know how i can solve these 2 problems? thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by aznpapaya View Post
    when i try to use voice search(icon with mic) to search for something or to type a text while im driving it keep saying connection error? does anyone know why it is doing this. is it something wrong wit the setting or is it my phone. also when i use voice dialer it cannot pick up with i said and doesn't seem to work properly. anyone know how i can solve these 2 problems? thanks
    Do you have an internet connect? this is needed for the mic to work.

For your voice dialer, I have problems sometimes it depends if I speak too fast or clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post

For your voice dialer, I have problems sometimes it depends if I speak too fast or clear.
    ok so i got the voice search, didn't know that i needed internet to be able to use it. as for the voice dialer is it suppose to show up a box with all similar option, or it is suppose to automatically call?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post

ok so i got the voice search, didn't know that i needed internet to be able to use it. as for the voice dialer is it suppose to show up a box with all similar option, or it is suppose to automatically call?

It should be auto...

I just tested mine, work and no issue like your..

i tested mine again and it pop up a box showing all the related/closest match. i even tried speaking very slowly and directly into the mic.

Sorry then you may have a problem...

One last thing to confirm that the phone is the issue... long shot

Get someone else to speak into your phone and see if it yields the same results...

Bishop6

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links