Nexus One repair #2

This is a discussion on Nexus One repair #2 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So here we go again. After just receiving my phone back from HTC due to the screen issues ive had (its somewhere in this forum). ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One repair #2

Nexus One repair #2

So here we go again. After just receiving my phone back from HTC due to the screen issues ive had (its somewhere in this forum). Its time for me to send in my phone yet again for the 3G to Edge signal issues. I slightly hold the phone from the bottom and i lose the call completely. This is absolutely unacceptable. I bought this "phone" to make phone calls, but to hold it like it was a piece of glass that cant be touched cause it might break. Enough is enough. After this repair, im going to demand a refund.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry to read your misery...who knows, maybe you'll be third time lucky.

So they told you to send it in? I've seen the reports and am having the issue, but was going to wait and see if they have a recall.
    Rooted Nexus One

I am having the same issue. This is also reported on engadget. I spoke to HTC and they are aware of the issue. They are trying to determine if it is a hardware issue or a software issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Osceola View Post
    I am having the same issue. This is also reported on engadget. I spoke to HTC and they are aware of the issue. They are trying to determine if it is a hardware issue or a software issue.
    for sure its a hardware issue. this is exactly what is going on with mine.
    Nexus One 3G Woes, Part 315 | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Spoke to Google help and they gave me some what of a fix...

1. go to phone info: *#*#4636#*#*
    2. press "Phone information"
    3. scroll to bottom and click tab under "Set preferred network type:"
    4. check "WCDMA only"

This seems to be controlling the drop from 3G to Edge. I know this isn't a permanent fix but it seems to be working. I haven't been able to test it when I am outside an area that does not have 3G coverage.

I have to do that to get/keep 3G as well. If you goto an area that has no 3G, you have no data.
    Rooted Nexus One

I guess the good thing is that if they have to recall the phone, there are only 80,000 sold so far :-)

4. check "WCDMA only"

This seems to be controlling the drop from 3G to Edge. I know this isn't a permanent fix but it seems to be working. I haven't been able to test it when I am outside an area that does not have 3G coverage.
    This is not a fix to the problem. If you lose 3G whether it is by holding the phone like he did in the video, you will simply not connect to EDGE, thus losing data and calls. It is a hardware design issue.

Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post

4. check "WCDMA only"

This is not a fix to the problem. If you lose 3G whether it is by holding the phone like he did in the video, you will simply not connect to EDGE, thus losing data and calls. It is a hardware design issue.
    if you read my post again you will see that the fix keeps the phone from dropping to edge. I am able to duplicate the problem in the video but when I switch to WCDMA only it doesn't happen.

in fact I am replying to your post holding the phone just like in the video and I am not having the problem.

the issue with this fix is if you leave a 3G area you will have too switch the settings back or else you will get no data connection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links