Still can't get my email!!

This is a discussion on Still can't get my email!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was able to setup my AOL email and Hotmail addresses within seconds however I still cannot get access to my Yahoo email addresses no ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still can't get my email!!

Still can't get my email!!

I was able to setup my AOL email and Hotmail addresses within seconds however I still cannot get access to my Yahoo email addresses no mater what I do. I even watched the video tutorial on this site and it didn't work! I sent a message out to the google techs over a week ago with no response! If I didn't use the yahoo email so much I wouldn't care but it is the one email that I use most often.........

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by pewtavert View Post
    I was able to setup my AOL email and Hotmail addresses within seconds however I still cannot get access to my Yahoo email addresses no mater what I do. I even watched the video tutorial on this site and it didn't work! I sent a message out to the google techs over a week ago with no response! If I didn't use the yahoo email so much I wouldn't care but it is the one email that I use most often.........
    I've had my yahoo mail since '93 or '94 so I don't want to give it up either. These instructions worked for me, and now I can see yahoo mail along with all my other company emails. Have you tried this? It says Droid but it worked on my N1.

To set up Yahoo E-Mail on the Motorola Droid:
    Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
    Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
    Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
    Press “Manual Setup” in the lower left hand corner
    For “Incoming Server Settings” set the IMAP server to “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 143
    For “Outgoing Server Settings” set the SMTP Server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 587
    Check “Require sign-in” and press Next
    Select how often your Droid will check for Email, and choose default options
    Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages
    Done and done. You’ve now got Yahoo Mail on your Motorola Droid and it will work with the all-new “Combined Inbox” in Android 2.0. Beautiful.

Please search the forum before posting. We have talked about this before.

But Yahoo has blocked POP3 forwarding email. They made POP3, (which is the instant push) email to being premium service only. You have to pay $20 bucks a year if you want the Yahoo Premium service. Apparently one of the reasons they did this was because applications like Google divert the ads, and are causing Yahoo to lose money?

You can use the above work around which worked for me for about 3 days. But there is no guarantee that it will continue to work, and often it won't be instant push. My yahoo emails stopped coming in completely and would NOT come in even with a refresh. Sometimes you have to redo the steps that Thomas mentioned above, MULTIPLE times to get it to work again. For me, it would give me a connection error multiple times and once I got it to work, nothing would come in still.

Some people say if you switch your country settings to a different country other than USA, then your email will come in.....

Its not worth keeping Yahoo in my opinion. I switched to full Gmail. I don't believe you should have to jump through all these hoops to get you FREE yahoo emails to come in on your phone.

Of course you can always use the mobile Yahoo in the browser, but to get *true* push email, you might have to pay for the premium service.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I am still able to get Y! mail on my iphone and I don't have a premium account with Yahoo.
    Sometimes I have to manually refresh it to show recent e-mails, but it works.

This makes me think that it is not a pure Yahoo issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    I am still able to get Y! mail on my iphone and I don't have a premium account with Yahoo.
    Sometimes I have to manually refresh it to show recent e-mails, but it works.

This makes me think that it is not a pure Yahoo issue.
    Yes.

Its been confirmed that this is mainly a Android block. Iphones, Palm phones, Blackberry's all seem to get the Yahoo mail as far as I know.

Not sure if they use POP3 mail.... They have dedicated Yahoo applications don't they? Setting up a Yahoo account on the Mail or Gmail application uses it as POP3 push mail. Using the above steps, sets Yahoo as IMAP which isn't really TRUE push email.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I don;t actually have a dedicated app for Y mail. I just set it up in the mail menu.

I think imap works better than POP3, but it's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pewtavert View Post
    I've had my yahoo mail since '93 or '94 so I don't want to give it up either. These instructions worked for me, and now I can see yahoo mail along with all my other company emails. Have you tried this? It says Droid but it worked on my N1.

To set up Yahoo E-Mail on the Motorola Droid:
    Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
    Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
    Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
    Press “Manual Setup” in the lower left hand corner
    For “Incoming Server Settings” set the IMAP server to “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 143
    For “Outgoing Server Settings” set the SMTP Server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 587
    Check “Require sign-in” and press Next
    Select how often your Droid will check for Email, and choose default options
    Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages
    Done and done. You’ve now got Yahoo Mail on your Motorola Droid and it will work with the all-new “Combined Inbox” in Android 2.0. Beautiful.

After completing the outgoing server settings instructions, the following message keeps popping up:

"Setup Could Not Finish
    Unable to open connection to server"

search the forums this has been posted a couple times. there is a video in one of my posts that explains how to set it up and it works just fine!

p.s make sure you follow everything to the T, its very important you do it exactly as shown!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    search the forums this has been posted a couple times. there is a video in one of my posts that explains how to set it up and it works just fine!

p.s make sure you follow everything to the T, its very important you do it exactly as shown!
    Would appreciate it if you would point me to that particular post. There seem to be many posts on the subject floating around and none of them are working for me. Thanks!!!

jeez fine ill go find it for you.

How To Set Up a Yahoo Account On A Android Phone - AOL Video

hope it helps
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links