Swapping out SD card procedure?

This is a discussion on Swapping out SD card procedure? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just bought a Sandisk 16GB Ultra microSDHC CLASS 4 from Amazon ($88.50 total, free ship.) Probably could have got a better deal if I waited ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swapping out SD card procedure?

Swapping out SD card procedure?

Just bought a Sandisk 16GB Ultra microSDHC CLASS 4 from Amazon ($88.50 total, free ship.) Probably could have got a better deal if I waited a while, but before I put a ton of files on the OEM card, I wanted to get more space.

So what's the procedure for swapping out the old card for the new (besides moving my files over to the computer, then back to the new card ?)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post

So what's the procedure for swapping out the old card for the new (besides moving my files over to the computer, then back to the new card ?)
    Thats all I did on mine.

No mount/unmount needed?

The mount / unmount is required to connect and disconnect your Nexus One to / from the PC.

I just swapped it out without transferring files, the day I got my phone. I just found out this weekend that there were probably some songs included on the card in the first place.

So the new card doesn't need to be formatted then? OK

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    My Sandisk 16GB was pre-formatted FAT32, which was great because it took a surprisingly long time to format my 8GB that was transferred to my wife's G1!
    I guess I'm a little more cautious that others, because I did go into settings on the phone and unmount the SD card before swapping it with my new one. Additionally, the 16GB I bought, a Transcend, did ask to be formatted when I installed it, but it was very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    BTW, where did you obtain your Transcend? I was actually sort of looking (not too hard)! LOL I LOVE my Transcend 32G SD in my Panasonic SZ3 digicam...hd vids are amazing, and the card performs flawlessly fast.!
    I ordered it from Amazon.

Junior Member normajean504@gmail.com's Avatar
    im not too savy with installation of new 16gb and downloading my old 4gb on computer first.do i have to open a new file to start thois procedure.can someone give me step bt step procedures??thank you

Quote Originally Posted by normajean504@gmail.com View Post
    im not too savy with installation of new 16gb and downloading my old 4gb on computer first.do i have to open a new file to start thois procedure.can someone give me step bt step procedures??thank you
    I created a new folder on my desktop called SD, attached the old SDcard to my adapter and connected to puter. Copy/paste entire contents to SD folder. Once confirmed transfer, I deleted the SDcard contents and reformatted the old SDcard (FAT32). Removed old SDcard and inserted new SDcard, formatted it FAT32, and simply copy/pasted the contents from SD folder back to new SDcard. G'Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links