Nexus one audio hissing

This is a discussion on Nexus one audio hissing within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I noticed on my Nexus one, whenever I play back any audio from it, there is a very noticeable hissing sound in the background, the ...

Thread: Nexus one audio hissing

Nexus one audio hissing

I noticed on my Nexus one, whenever I play back any audio from it, there is a very noticeable hissing sound in the background, the hissing continues for a few seconds after the audio stops until the amplifier is powered down. With audio I mean any noise coming from the nexus one, mp3s, ringtones, noises from apps e.t.c. was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

I tested using the headphones output with multiple earphones (including the nexus one earphones) and with medium volume output.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well, while it's not a good thing this is normal for the Nexus One. I have tried several copies and they all have this "issue". The DAC on Nexus One is just not that great and produces interference.

I would have to question that it is "normal for the Nexus One." I listen to a lot of audio, both books and music, and have not noticed any background "hissing" on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I would have to question that it is "normal for the Nexus One." I listen to a lot of audio, both books and music, and have not noticed any background "hissing" on my phone.
    You can question it as much as you want but it won't change the hardware. There's also a faint thumping sound while the phone is moving data and you listen to music due to the interference and lack of separate DSP for audio. Don't believe me? Get a high quality stereo headphones and pay attention when the player changes tracks, make sure you're in a place where there's no background noise. You won't hear it during normal playback or if you have bad hearing.

It's not a big issue but still a letdown after moving to Nexus One from iPhone 3GS.

Nexus one hissing

Maybe your phone doesn't like you?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syvere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    You can question it as much as you want but it won't change the hardware. There's also a faint thumping sound while the phone is moving data and you listen to music due to the interference and lack of separate DSP for audio. Don't believe me? Get a high quality stereo headphones and pay attention when the player changes tracks, make sure you're in a place where there's no background noise. You won't hear it during normal playback or if you have bad hearing.

It's not a big issue but still a letdown after moving to Nexus One from iPhone 3GS.
    Using Ety ER4P's (vividly displays ALL flaws!) with a homebuilt META42 headphone amplifier, and I hear none of the issues you mention. Have highly sensitive ears, and cannot stand listening to an iPod (poor quality), which is one of many reasons I've never owned one.
    Well, that just confirms that you have bad hearing or you're a fanboy in denial if you honestly think iPhone has worse audio quality. See:
    http://pic.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsim...arena_a001.png

There's no way around the fact that there's hissing and that thumping sound in all Nexus Ones because it's caused by the design of the hardware. The Snapdragon handles the audio in N1 so there's no separate DSP for it. The signal-to-noise ratio just isn't that great in N1. That said it's still adequate and like I said you won't hear the imperfections in the sound (hissing and thumping) during normal playback. Like I previously mentioned I think it's just a letdown after owning a iPhone 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Syvere View Post

Well, that just confirms that you have bad hearing or you're a fanboy in denial if you honestly think iPhone has worse audio quality. See:
    http://pic.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsim...arena_a001.png
    Where is the rest of the article this supposedly came from? This link appears to be private?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links