picture message fail?

This is a discussion on picture message fail? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is anyone having problems with sending pictures through text message? Any solutions?...

Thread: picture message fail?

picture message fail?

Is anyone having problems with sending pictures through text message? Any solutions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Also. It says that I sent the picture. But the person I send it to doesn't receive it.

Exclamation

It could be the picture size being too big.

Just kidding I found the solution. It was already covered. Should have searched. Mods can delete this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    Just kidding I found the solution. It was already covered. Should have searched. Mods can delete this thread.
    Whats the problem I would also like to know??

Here's what I found...it seems to me that if you purchased your N1 without a T-Mobile plan a.k.a. unlocked, then your phone's access points weren't updated and connected to T-Mobile's towers. This is just my guess, I'm not very phone savvy. But anyways here is the solution:

Quote Originally Posted by DocMjldds View Post
    I sent this answer under a different user-name and couldn't locate it. So...apologies for repetition, but this hopefully will fix your MMS issues since I had the exact problem.
    Repeat post follows:
    I had the same problem and T Mobile Tech support fixed the issue. For some reason, T Mobile in my area (Las Vegas) did not setup MMS protocols properly, during the phone activation. Go to settings; wireless & network settings; mobile network settings ; Access Point Names. Now click on T-Mobile US to open up another page and enter the following settings:
    MMS port should say 8080. MCC should say 310. MNC should say 260. MMS proxy should say 216.155.165.50. And make sure under MMSC it says:
    http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Not sure if a reboot was required. There was nothing in those areas originally when I first opened up the settings. I can state I can take a full 5Mb picture and send. The software will automagically downsize the file appropriately. I believe somewhere else I had specified no files larger than 300Kb, but I would have to search for that. Just verify those settings and MMS should now work. This was my main issue too when first using the Nexus.

I'm having a similar issue someone was trying to send me a picture thru text/MMS but I could not see the picture. I'm on att and have unlimted data plan was wondering if anyone with att had a similar issue

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links