Stuck on Edge?

This is a discussion on Stuck on Edge? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; At home, I used to have great 3G reception, while having spotty 3G at work and after the OTA update, nothing changed at all... until ...

Thread: Stuck on Edge?

Unhappy Stuck on Edge?

At home, I used to have great 3G reception, while having spotty 3G at work and after the OTA update, nothing changed at all... until a couple days ago.

At home, (or anywhere else for that matter) my phone has been stuck on the Edge network... and it can't be because of the Edge/3G problem since I always had 3G just fine.

Now, the other day I changed the network/operator settings to T-Mobile and that worked for about a day, but the problem has reoccurred and I've flipped around with the settings again (and no, it's not on 2G only to save battery) to no avail.

Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix? I flipped through the threads but saw nothing that could help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I switched to TMobile about 3 weeks ago and only went to 3G a couple of times on it's own. When not at work (because I get no 3G) I force it to 3G always.

Open phone -> Dial *#*#4636#*#* -> Phone Information -> Change "WCDMA preferred" to "WCDMA only"

If you then goto a palce with no 3G, it will either have no 3G, or it will switch back to WCDMA preferred and kick you back to Edge.
    Rooted Nexus One

That about did it, thanks. Forgot I put it back to preferred when I went to a place with no 3G at all.

Plus I couldn't remember the buttons to dial for the life of me. Thanks!

ive been stuck on edge only for 3 days. contacted tmo and they told me there is an outage... thats all, nothing can be done but wait

*#*# 4636 #*#* -- i keep using the testing page for a lot of things now. lol

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links