SMS - Auto Capitalization Issue

This is a discussion on SMS - Auto Capitalization Issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Since I am taking time to post all these new bugs I've noticed from getting the new update. Here is another one but rather annoying ...

Thread: SMS - Auto Capitalization Issue

Question SMS - Auto Capitalization Issue

Since I am taking time to post all these new bugs I've noticed from getting the new update. Here is another one but rather annoying one that I always have to correct.

Try this on your Nexus One.. Type a message like the following:

"how are yoy". Now I have auto caps off to test this but the predicted word comes up You with the Y in caps..... why? Why google? I didn't type a period yet. Now it's just not this word, it's many other words that do this when there is no period present and I just look like an idiot with all of these capitalizations.

Is anyone else getting this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just turn off autocomplete. It's much less annoying, now.

Well that's why I said I turned it off to see if this resolves the issue. It doesn't.

I didn't know you turned off autocomplete. You said you turned off auto-caps.

Scratch that, I misread. I could try turning off the auto complete but due to stubby thumb syndrome, I need it. lol

When I saw the option to turn off autocomplete, I was very leery about turning it off. I decided to try it and typing is much less of a headache. It still gives you the row of words to select from at the top of the keyboard, but it just doesn't autocomplete if you hit space or a punctuation mark.

The main thing I noticed is with the a word like "OK" I type it in Ans it auto capitals both letters. I learned to check what word is being highlighted in the run below and click the right one

I see this, too, however ... if I select the word it actually enters it correctly (capped/not capped) on the line. It doesn't seem to matter which way it appears in the predictive text, the right one shows up in my sentence.

I just checked my Android Keyboard settings and I have auto-capitalization, quick fixes, show suggestions, and auto-complete all turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I see this, too, however ... if I select the word it actually enters it correctly (capped/not capped) on the line. It doesn't seem to matter which way it appears in the predictive text, the right one shows up in my sentence.

I just checked my Android Keyboard settings and I have auto-capitalization, quick fixes, show suggestions, and auto-complete all turned on.
    So are you saying when you type out "yoy" and you hit space it automatically inputs the lowercased "you" instead of "You"?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links