Can't start device

This is a discussion on Can't start device within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I ordered my Nexus One a week ago, I live in Sweden so it was delivered today. Started pretty bad: I inserted the battery and ...

Thread: Can't start device

Can't start device

I ordered my Nexus One a week ago, I live in Sweden so it was delivered today.
    Started pretty bad:

I inserted the battery and started to charge the phone with the USB-cable provided. When the light was green I tried to turn on the phone but nothing happened.

A few notes:
    * When I try to turn it on while the cord is plugged in the green light goes out. If I want the green light on again I have to remove the cord, then the battery for a few seconds, then insert the battery and plug the cord back in again. But as soon as I touch the on/off-button the light goes out. The same happens if the cord is already unplugged when I try to start the phone - if I try to plug the USB-cable in directly afterwards the green light wont go on.

* I've tried to leave the battery out for 20 minutes but nothing changes.

* I've tried to boot the phone holding down "volume down"-button and at the same time starting the device but nothing happens.

* I bought an adapter so that I could try to charge the battery through the wall socket but the battery is fully loaded so nothing happens but displaying the green light.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had a similar issue, which was fixed by re-seating the sim card. Good luck.

Wasn't that easy for me unfortunately

U said u tried turning it on via the volume down button. Did u press the trackball too? It works everytime when I press and hold the trackball with the power button then let go of the power button with the trackball still pressed. Then wait for the recovery screen to pop up

Quote Originally Posted by cborje View Post
    I ordered my Nexus One a week ago, I live in Sweden so it was delivered today.
    Started pretty bad:

I inserted the battery and started to charge the phone with the USB-cable provided. When the light was green I tried to turn on the phone but nothing happened.
    Try holding down the on/off button for a couple of seconds. On mine it seems to need 2-3 seconds before it vibrates to let me know it's registering the keypress.

Edit: I only need to do that if the phone is completely off. When you have it in sleep mode, a quick press works just fine.

Tried the trackball start,
    Tried holding down the on/off button for a few seconds,
    Still nothing

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links