Having Wifi Connectivity Issues

This is a discussion on Having Wifi Connectivity Issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by N_1 I cannot get my phone to connect to my home wireless network. When I turn wi-fi on, it says disconnected, then ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having Wifi Connectivity Issues

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    I cannot get my phone to connect to my home wireless network. When I turn wi-fi on, it says disconnected, then I go to connect to my network, press connect and the phone does nothing, it will not connect. Under my network it says "Password remembered, secures with WPA/WPA2". I wont even say trying to connect. M signal strength is excellent. What should I try next?

My suggestion is make it as simple as possable. Make your wifi open then try connecting. Go into the phone enter *#*#4636#*#* and see in wifi config/wifi status, refresh stats and look for anything obvious.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    I got it connected one, however now I have trouble re connecting? Do you think this is a software bug or defective receiver?
    Wireless routers by default are set to automatically negotiate which frequency to use. I had the same frustrating (very difficult to even get a connection and then it would drop)problem. I went into the wireless router config and manually set the channel. Works perfectly everytime.

Andy

What exactly did you configure on the router could you explain in more detail

Quote Originally Posted by marthill View Post
    What exactly did you configure on the router could you explain in more detail
    Under the wireless configuration you usually have the choice of the router choosing automatically or manually which channel it is going to use. The default configuration is for the router to choose the channel automatically. The Nexus one seems to have a problem of negotiating with the router to choose the channel automatically. In the process of elimation troubleshooting I could definetly reproduce the wifi connection problem to the auto channel channel assignment. Everytime I manually configed the channel in the router. The N1 was suscessful every time. When configed for auto it failed 90% of the time. Even my net book had problems with the auto config.

Andy

Does it make a differance what channel used?

Quote Originally Posted by marthill View Post
    Does it make a differance what channel used?
    It shouldn't but in reality it does. I found the lower number channels 1-3 are marginal eventhough they are the least crowded, it seems that the wifi transceivers don't have a flat response. These channel numbers relate to the channel frequency ie channel 1 frequency is lower than channel 3. I use a Android app called "wifi analyzer" which is available free on the market to find the least used part of the spectrum and choose my channel based on that. Most wifi's seem to use channel 6 so in my compromise is to use channel 4 in my case.

Andy

Will try this one my work WIFI to see if it helps ,

Thanks for your help on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links