Having Wifi Connectivity Issues

This is a discussion on Having Wifi Connectivity Issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I cannot get my phone to connect to my home wireless network. When I turn wi-fi on, it says disconnected, then I go to connect ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having Wifi Connectivity Issues

Having Wifi Connectivity Issues

I cannot get my phone to connect to my home wireless network. When I turn wi-fi on, it says disconnected, then I go to connect to my network, press connect and the phone does nothing, it will not connect. Under my network it says "Password remembered, secures with WPA/WPA2". I wont even say trying to connect. M signal strength is excellent. What should I try next?
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I got it connected one, however now I have trouble re connecting? Do you think this is a software bug or defective receiver?
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    I cannot get my phone to connect to my home wireless network. When I turn wi-fi on, it says disconnected, then I go to connect to my network, press connect and the phone does nothing, it will not connect. Under my network it says "Password remembered, secures with WPA/WPA2". I wont even say trying to connect. M signal strength is excellent. What should I try next?
    I would go into wireless & network settings > wi-fi settings; on your home network, tape it and you should get a pop up to 'Forget or cancel'. Press forget, then disconnect from your network, re-enter network info again and save.

See if that helps, if not, are you using a Linksys router (WRT54G) by any chance?

I am having the exact same problem.

I just got my N1 yesterday, connected it to my home wireless network, all was well! I switched off the Wifi before I went to sleep.

Now I can't connect to my Wireless even tried forgetting the network and adding it again. It does not seem to be evning trying to connect.

Any suggestions?

please help

Edit: Never mind, I reset the Wifi router, reset the phone, added the connection connect again, now seems to be working fine.

I think the problem occured because I tried to connect from a area where signal strenght was low. I will do some research and let you guys know.

:/ I have poor signal.

I'm connecting to my router with N1 from my room.. (two rooms away from router), about 8-9meters.. and i get poor signal. 1 line. is that normal? :/ I'm so close to the router..

Quote Originally Posted by firemax7 View Post
    :/ I have poor signal.

I'm connecting to my router with N1 from my room.. (two rooms away from router), about 8-9meters.. and i get poor signal. 1 line. is that normal? :/ I'm so close to the router..
    Your signal strength should be greater than 'poor' for the distance you are stating.

If you get an opportunity, connect to another wifi and see if the signal strength is any better, if not it maybe a Nexus issue.

Solution

I was having same problems on my on my nexus with my home wifi. Connection drops and it seems to never be able to reconnect without restarting wifi. Was getting the "Connection unsuccessful, touch to try again" message.

Annoyed, I ended up spending few weeks developing an android application through my work that would resolve these issues.

The app is called "Fix My WiFi". I haven't had any problems since. Give it a try!

Cheers

Installed Fix My Wifi

Thanks for writing that. It looks like it will work, so I'm pretty happy about that. I was having the same problem. I will not write back if it works OK. If Fix My Wifi does not work, I will definately post soon (within a day).

Brad

Doesn't seem to work yet

Here's what happened. I had wifi ON in regular Android settings, and Fix My Wifi was running and set on. Then, I left the wifi connection area. When I came back, Fix My Wifi gave me a notice that it had fixed my Wifi. I thought "great! it is triggered and works!" The one thing that didn't happen? The wifi connection ended up OFF, and ipchicken.com confirmed it wasn't using my wifi connection. When I put the (Android) setting to "ON", it came back, normally.

Let me see if the author knows about this.

Model number Nexus One
    Firmware version 2.1-update1
    Baseband version 32.24.00.22H_4.03.00.21_2
    Kernel version 2.6.33.4-cyanogenmod
    shade@toxygene #1
    Mod version CyanogenMod-5.0.7.1-N1
    Build number EPE54B

Please see my thread I had same trouble and changed router all is perfect now

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post53683

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links