Pics to my computer?????

This is a discussion on Pics to my computer????? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm sure it's pretty simple however I can't seem to figure out how to get the pictures taken on my NexusOne onto my computer. I ...

Thread: Pics to my computer?????

Pics to my computer?????

I'm sure it's pretty simple however I can't seem to figure out how to get the pictures taken on my NexusOne onto my computer. I plugged in the USB cable from the phone to the back of the computer but nothing is happening automatically, like with my camera and I don't know the command to save them in the "My Pictures" section of my computer. Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by pewtavert View Post
    I'm sure it's pretty simple however I can't seem to figure out how to get the pictures taken on my NexusOne onto my computer. I plugged in the USB cable from the phone to the back of the computer but nothing is happening automatically, like with my camera and I don't know the command to save them in the "My Pictures" section of my computer. Thanks in advance.
    When you connect your Nexus to your pc, you have to mount you SDcard (slide down the notification tab) and then you will be able to do whatever you want!!

As Bishop6 said, after you plug the USB into your phone/computer a notification will appear at the top of the Nexus screen.

Pull it down, tap on that and choose to mount the SD memory card. Open the folder that will appear on your computer screen and then open DCIM to view photos taken with the Nexus camera. Just drag' drop the files to the appropriate folder on your Windows machine.

Don't forget to un-mount the SD card PRIOR to unplugging your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pewtavert View Post
    When you connect your Nexus to your pc, you have to mount you SDcard (slide down the notification tab) and then you will be able to do whatever you want!!

Thanks, it was a breeze!!!

What's all this "mount" and "unmount" stuff? Are you all using Linux? Or do you mean don't forget to disconnect the SD card like you would a memory stick?

its just the way android is set up...when you plug in the phone it doesnt automatically open up the SD card like it would on a digital camera or some other device. you have to pul down the notification bar and select the option that says mount SD card. Then you have access to whatever is on the SD card.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links