Nexus Restarting 4/5 seconds into start-up :S

This is a discussion on Nexus Restarting 4/5 seconds into start-up :S within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys i have a huge problem, Just decided to root my nexus and everything went fine had no problems and have stayed on the ...

Thread: Nexus Restarting 4/5 seconds into start-up :S

Nexus Restarting 4/5 seconds into start-up :S

Hi guys i have a huge problem,

Just decided to root my nexus and everything went fine had no problems and have stayed on the nexus vanilla ROM.

Then suddenly after purchasing a theme off the market about 5 hours later and receiving the checkout email the phone is now restarting itself every-time i boot, i get as far as it alerting me to a new email and then it dies again returning the the android "X" screen then booting up again.

I have tried,
    -Removing the SD card
    -Removing the SIM

But so far nothing will stop it from restarting anyone got any ideas ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

did you do a nand backup? If so, you can restore that. If not, try downloading the CM5.0.3 image and installing that from the recovery loader.

I stupidly backed up everything but the OS, I tried the hard reset (volume down on start-up) twice with no success as it would still restart after a few seconds but I tried it a third time and removed the battery during the clean and its now working :S I'm not sure what was causing this but it is now gone :S but now i have another problem.... well not a problem really. After i rooted and came back to the clear phone i signed in and it started to download my save data from the cloud but now its now restoring the on-line backup ? is there any way to force a restore of the google profile ?

And a side note while I'm here, is there any way to save applications to the SD card ? 150MB is not much room for play.

Best bet is to find the original factory ROM and have that be flashed on to the phone again.

I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere on XDA.

Secondly, just how much apps are you planning to install? It may be 'true' that 150 isn't much to play but you'd still have to install ridiculous amount of apps to even max that out at this point.

well i have managed to get the ROM stable, it had something to do with a download either the theme or pandahome, once i got the download to stop by very quickly going into the app killer and killing the download at start-up.

The problem that i have now is that it is not restoring the profile backup it makes of all contacts and apps so i am having to individually install them all through the astro backup i made before rooting.

I am sure it was doing it before i ran into problems as it installed lookout first and then over time lookout started scanning loads of installs that turned out to be my app catalogue before the rooting. now if only i could get my home screens back to normal lol

Oh and i think i had around 100 apps at the time, i think it was because after the google restore it said in the notification area "100 applications restored successfully" or something like that.

hmmmm I thought i had found the problem but sadly a few hours later it is now doing it again i am going to download a custom ROM and try that but at the minute it will not stay on long enough for me to flash it :S

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links