how can i get my flash to work when recording video in the dark on my Nexus One??

This is a discussion on how can i get my flash to work when recording video in the dark on my Nexus One?? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I cannot record video in low light. Would love to get the flash turned on for video recording. Can anybody help or does this awesome ...

Thread: how can i get my flash to work when recording video in the dark on my Nexus One??

how can i get my flash to work when recording video in the dark on my Nexus One??

I cannot record video in low light. Would love to get the flash turned on for video recording. Can anybody help or does this awesome phone finally have a flaw.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That's actually a pretty good point. The thing is, the light only has a useful range of a few feet, so unless you are recording an ant crawling in the darkness, the LED actually just creates light noise, and makes the recording worse.

Flash is largely unnecessary, and almost always misused in cameras nowadays. Low-light sensory settings with Image Stabilization are what you really want, but people don't seem to realize this.

There are only 2 times when the flash will help:
    1. Taking quick, close, action-pictures in bars or sporting events(difficult due to distance).
    2. Night time Macro images in near-complete darkness.

Neither of these will come out well. In fact, for photography, they are utterly worthless. Still, it's good for remembering what happened if you like to facebook stuff.

For video recording, low-light stabilization is more difficult due to the need for continuous recording, but the technology is getting there. There's probably a 3rd party application or something coming that will allow you to use the LED as you mentioned, but the chance that it will really help (unless at close distances in a dark club) are minimal.

If your phone is rooted, you could use N1 Torch from the Market, turn it on and then go record your video. Than of course after you are done, you have to go into the N1 Torch app again to turn it off. Or just use the desktop widget.

Yes, I realize that this is alot of steps, but its the only method i know of, and it works. I just tried it.

The LED is not designed to stay on for an extended period of time. If you use apps like N1Torch to keep the LED on, it will burn out very quickly, and will not be covered under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by okcoolthnx View Post
    The LED is not designed to stay on for an extended period of time. If you use apps like N1Torch to keep the LED on, it will burn out very quickly, and will not be covered under warranty.
    LEDs are pretty hearty. I don't think the LED itself would burn out, but it could create heat which damages nearby components in the phone, including warping of important camera components.

Am i able to get a Torch like app if i am not rooted. i am too scared of bricking my N1 if i root.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links