Working in other Countries

This is a discussion on Working in other Countries within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi I am working in Nicaragua. I bought a N1 and have been trying to get service with either Calaro or Movistar. I have been ...

Thread: Working in other Countries

Working in other Countries

Hi I am working in Nicaragua. I bought a N1 and have been trying to get service with either Calaro or Movistar. I have been able to use a Iphone from the states when traveling through central America and have been able to use 3G and edge on the IPhone. Now when i try to hook it up I have regular cell service but I want to know if it is possible to get internet service. Thanks anyone in Nicaragua or the states

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mocpl View Post
    Hi I am working in Nicaragua. I bought a N1 and have been trying to get service with either Calaro or Movistar. I have been able to use a Iphone from the states when traveling through central America and have been able to use 3G and edge on the IPhone. Now when i try to hook it up I have regular cell service but I want to know if it is possible to get internet service. Thanks anyone in Nicaragua or the states
    You will need to set up your APN (internet connection)...

Which Movistar are you trying to connect to. Colombia or Venezuela?

Junior Member potutotmateutouti's Avatar
    Hey, I was searching on the net, whether to buy a Nexus One before going to Nicaragua some (longer) time.

Here I found a blog entry of somebody telling in Spanish (Nicaragua: El Nexus One se puede usar en Movistar y Claro | TekCrispy) the frequencies that Claro and Movistar use and saying that GSM and SMS should work with both, but hight speed internet (3G) is only available with Claro because it is using 2100MHZ, like the Nexus One. Movistar is using 1900MHZ, which is not supported by the Nexus One.
    A lower speed internet (EDGE) though should be possible with Movistar, too.

I really would like to know how and if you have worked it out. This would influence my buying decision a lot.

I am trying to use it for data (I can use N1 for cell service on both Movistar and Claro) from both of these companies. They both operate in Nicaragua. I really just need a 3g router that way i can hook my laptop and my touch-pad and N1 through the router. That would work for the home but i would like to have N1 to work as a smartphone like it does in the states. But every time i try to work with either company they look at me like I am from another planet. They sell the phones to the residents and when someone comes in with their own unlocked phone they have no chart to go by no training on how to set this up. I am wondering if it is just better to buy a LG smartphone from them and then i will be on the cheat sheet. But I will go for anything even a 3g router.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links