speakerphone

This is a discussion on speakerphone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; On a replacement N1....speakerphone still the worst speakerphone I have ever heard...A phone this good can't have a speakerphone as bad as this. Anyone else ...

Thread: speakerphone

speakerphone

On a replacement N1....speakerphone still the worst speakerphone I have ever heard...A phone this good can't have a speakerphone as bad as this.

Anyone else with this problem??????

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have to agree, the speakerphone is not the best, coming from a w850i SE. However I guess due to the thickness of the Nexus, they are not really able to put a meatier speaker.... just a thought.

But the phone does make up where it lacks!!

Has anyone either A) found an aftermarket battery hatch that has a bigger opening for the speaker. or B) modified/hacked their OEM battery hatch to open up the speaker opening? It seems as though it has a big speaker in it but the batter hatch opening is just a small slit. I am sure there are some tweaks that can boost the sound of the speaker but I have yet to hear about them.

-Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by sixty4 View Post
    Has anyone either A) found an aftermarket battery hatch that has a bigger opening for the speaker. or B) modified/hacked their OEM battery hatch to open up the speaker opening? It seems as though it has a big speaker in it but the batter hatch opening is just a small slit. I am sure there are some tweaks that can boost the sound of the speaker but I have yet to hear about them.

-Ryan
    Some have posted that the Desire ROM fixes the speaker phone problem but I'm afraid to root and find out. That would be great news if it is a software thing though.

I have heard a lot of people mention "rooting" but am not exactly sure what it is. Is it similar to jailbreaking an iPhone. I did that with my iPhone and loved it. What does rooting a N1 consist of and why does everyone speak of it like it's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by sixty4 View Post
    I have heard a lot of people mention "rooting" but am not exactly sure what it is. Is it similar to jailbreaking an iPhone. I did that with my iPhone and loved it. What does rooting a N1 consist of and why does everyone speak of it like it's a bad thing?
    There are tons of threads on the topic. You can look here in the Development & Hacking Forum, androidforums.com, xda-developers.com....that should keep you busy for a while.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links