gallery veryy slow... sometimes..

This is a discussion on gallery veryy slow... sometimes.. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; hii there, I know gallery app is really amazing, every time I show the app to my friends they will said: "wuaaaaaaaaaaaaaauhhh amazing!!!!" but, sometimes, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gallery veryy slow... sometimes..

gallery veryy slow... sometimes..

hii there,

I know gallery app is really amazing, every time I show the app to my friends they will said: "wuaaaaaaaaaaaaaauhhh amazing!!!!"

but, sometimes, this has happened to me twice, the app is very slow. It seems that gallery is trying to re-create all the thumbnails, or something like that. Also, I saw a message "loading" when I execute the gallery. If you select some gallery, you will see how the pre-visualization of the pictures is created very slow, veryyyy slooooooooow.

After several minutes, everything turns ok...

someone with the same issue?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Angry gallery damn slow

hi there i do face the same problem ..especially on the pics that r being loaded from picasa ..it seems to be taking for ever and the pics r totally unclear during the loading process do let me know if u find any cure to making it faster...!!

I think, this happens to me, after a mount/umont process. Maybe, depending if I unmount the sdcard directly from the mobile or from my ubuntu. I still not have the reason very clear...Maybe, android gallery thinks that changes has happen (after umount) and tries to re-scan all the library...

Sometimes my phone says that there isn't anything to display and when i go back to the home screen, and then back to the gallery it displays my photos and stuff. It doesn't do the rebuild thing, just doesn't show up sometimes.

I decided to just put all my pics on my card mem instead.. alot better than using picasa.

I used Picasa for a while but yeah the pics took a while to 'sync' up with the phone. So I just turned off the Sync with Picasa and put the pics on the SD card and mucho better.

Also question.. I see quite a few of nice wallpapers here on the wallpapers forum.. but when i want to set any of the pics up the phone wants me to crop it and it will not let me use the whole pic as a wallpaper. I am doing something wrong.. My wife is good at Setting pics etc etc and this even baffels her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayne View Post
    Sometimes my phone says that there isn't anything to display and when i go back to the home screen, and then back to the gallery it displays my photos and stuff. It doesn't do the rebuild thing, just doesn't show up sometimes.
    yep. it's happen to me sveral times. and sometimes there are misplaced data, moved to another folder. and sometimes there are some data that copied at the same folder.
    go to home screen and go back not always solve them.
    anyway they are very annoying.

hope next update will fix it

If your gallery isn't loading, kill it with a task killer, and when you click it again, it should restart and load correctly.

I also notice this happens when you mount the phone to your comp, and transfer/alter/add large or new files. Sometimes I'll get repeated NO DATA, and you have to wait for it to register all the files. This happened most when I had multiple long 30 minute clips on the memory card. It sped up once I removed some of them.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Never had this happen.. Do you guys have a lot of pictures? I only have about 150 and about 3 hours length in movies and clips.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Never had this happen.. Do you guys have a lot of pictures? I only have about 150 and about 3 hours length in movies and clips.
    no, i have less than yours

The picture loading and gallery processing is useless for mor than about a hundred pictures. Even ipod beats the hell out of this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links