Exclamation Mark with Droid Bad News???

This is a discussion on Exclamation Mark with Droid Bad News??? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; OK... so the other day i was going through my phone showing my friends the cool features of this phone and when i went into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exclamation Mark with Droid Bad News???

Exclamation Mark with Droid Bad News???

OK... so the other day i was going through my phone showing my friends the cool features of this phone and when i went into the menu, i noticed that the names of the applications were not fully displayed. kind of like a computer file with a long name and the computer only displays a portion of it. anywho... so i decided to shut off the phone and restart it but all of a sudden i get this white screen with the skateboard androids and it gave me options. i can't remember exactly which options they were but i know i chose recovery and next thing u know i get this pic of an exclamation mark with the android pic. i start to panic. should i call google support?? what to do. what to do. so i decided to remove the battery for a minute and restart the phone and next thing u know its back to normal... kinda strange don't u think?? has anyone had this happen to their phone??? just curious what happened...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Survive View Post
    OK... so the other day i was going through my phone showing my friends the cool features of this phone and when i went into the menu, i noticed that the names of the applications were not fully displayed. kind of like a computer file with a long name and the computer only displays a portion of it. anywho... so i decided to shut off the phone and restart it but all of a sudden i get this white screen with the skateboard androids and it gave me options. i can't remember exactly which options they were but i know i chose recovery and next thing u know i get this pic of an exclamation mark with the android pic. i start to panic. should i call google support?? what to do. what to do. so i decided to remove the battery for a minute and restart the phone and next thing u know its back to normal... kinda strange don't u think?? has anyone had this happen to their phone??? just curious what happened...
    sounds like you went to recovery mode. not sure how u do this on nexus one, but on moto, you hold 'x' when you power up the phone. no worries.

ok... so i was able to recreate the issue. i shut off the phone, i held the trackball down while powering up phone and i gave me choices of bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, and power down. somehow i don't know how i chose bootloader that day but when u choose bootloader it gives u options of fastboot, recovery, clear storage, and sim lock. well i chose recovery thinking it was the wise choice and thats how i got this pic so it locks up. but by removing the battery i was able to start from norm so i guess its not a big deal... right??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not sure what that screen is called, but i've encountered it too when i was rooting and flashing my phone.

what i read is, when you see the screen, hold down POWER button and press the UP Volume. you will be presented with a screen with the following: (might be slightly different from yours)

Android system recovery <2e>

Use trackball to highlight; click to select.

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:xxxxx.zip
    wipe date/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    __________________________________________________ _

E: cant open /cache/recovery/command

what i want to know is, what is that ""E: cant open /cache/recovery/command""

anybody knows the answer?

Same problem here.
    Ive rooted and want to install a custom rom. But after clicking on 'recovery' the yellow exclamantion shows up.

Mark Of Exclamation Screen with no backup/restore options

My N1 was stucked on boot up screen, finally i got repaired with the firmware version 2.1-update 1, I decided to upgrade the rom, need to take bakup, I dont have nandroid and having fresh formatted sdcard. All I see below mentioned option.

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe date/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

open /cache/recovery/command""

anybody help on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinosss View Post
    Same problem here.
    Ive rooted and want to install a custom rom. But after clicking on 'recovery' the yellow exclamantion shows up.
    Im assuming you used Rom Manager to flash Clockwork Recovery?

Try flashing your Recovery again before rebooting into recovery.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by sam4david View Post
    My N1 was stucked on boot up screen, finally i got repaired with the firmware version 2.1-update 1, I decided to upgrade the rom, need to take bakup, I dont have nandroid and having fresh formatted sdcard. All I see below mentioned option.

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe date/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

open /cache/recovery/command""

anybody help on this?
    It looks to me like you are on Stock Recovery, Not a Custom one.

Are you trying to flash a custom Rom or are you trying to update your N1 to 2.2.1?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I installed and tried Rom Manager and goes to Flash Clockworkmod Recovery and it also asked my phone model and installed ROM Manager v2.5.0.4 but finally it gaves "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands !".
    Furthermore I want to switched to Modaco sensui from this link [Guide] The 100% Fool Proof Guide: STOCK N1 to ROOT to SENSE UI/CM (Android 2.1)! - xda-developers but reluctant to do so, what if my current rom version crashes

Quote Originally Posted by sam4david View Post
    I installed and tried Rom Manager and goes to Flash Clockworkmod Recovery and it also asked my phone model and installed ROM Manager v2.5.0.4 but finally it gaves "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands !".
    Furthermore I want to switched to Modaco sensui from this link [Guide] The 100% Fool Proof Guide: STOCK N1 to ROOT to SENSE UI/CM (Android 2.1)! - xda-developers but reluctant to do so, what if my current rom version crashes
    Sounds to me like your phone is Not Rooted.

Do you have the SuperUser App on your phone?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads