Nexus does not go past boot screen

This is a discussion on Nexus does not go past boot screen within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; First of all, hi to all of you. Me being a noob with the Nexus, something VERY messed up has just happened to me. Let ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus does not go past boot screen

Nexus does not go past boot screen

First of all, hi to all of you.

Me being a noob with the Nexus, something VERY messed up has just happened to me.

Let me explain from the beginning:

I received the nexus yesterday as a gift from a friend of mine who works at Google (yes, it is the one with the android waving a banner on the back of the phone)

Used it yesterday perfectly, even updated to 2.1.update perfectly fine.

Today, as the batter was dying out, I finally got home and started to charge it (the battery icon was white, with a red outline and a red slash across the battery icon)

Then, the Nexus stopped responding and turned off.

When I tried to turn it back on, it just stays on the boot screen and does nothing.

Now, I have tried the volume down + power button to get to the reset, chose "recovery" and it went right back to the frozen boot screen.

To my knowledge, it is not rooted (although I have read that the Nexus' that employees receive are rooted, I have no idea)

Now, I am stuck with a Nexus paperweight , it doesn't turn on and cant seem to get it out of the boot screen.

Any one here can lend a hand???

P.S. I hope I posted in the correct forum and want to thank anyone that can help ahead of time!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I got some bad news my friend.

From what i've gathered, Employee issued N1's do not have a warranty and therefore receive no technical support. So looks like you have a brick.

I would suggest trying to root it anyways or trying a different SD card. Have you tried removing the SD and SIM and booting?

Yes I have taken both out.

But, from what I just saw, when I do the volume down + trackball + power on together, and it is conected via usb to the computer, I get the fastboot USB option and my computer sees the phone, although it doesnt recognize it.

I know I can do something with this, like flash it or something, but I have no idea how.

Or is it really bricked??

Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried to remove the battery for like 5 minutes?

5 min...10 min...20 min...no luck

My suggestion is, since it's a non production phone, and you have no warranty on that thing...

Head on over to xda developers forum and read what you can do about installing custom bootloaders and custom roms on it.

Or put it on ebay. I'd buy it.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I would say bump ... =/ i have the same exact problem and i cant do anything.. possible root... or if anyone knows how to bypass this please help.

bump for some help also. please

when the phone is 'seen' but not recognized, it usually means you havn't installed the drivers.

open your SDK and go to go under 'packages to install' select them ALL and update, hopefully that gets them all.

see if that helps.

volume down and power gets you to HBoot / Bootloader.

trackball and power gets you to Fastboot.

these are seperate so don't press all 3 as it gets confusing on where you went to.

I am not 100% certain, but fairly sure that if you can use the trackball and power to get to fastboot you are rooted. However, it doesn't matter because whether you are in either of those screens you will have a magenta "*** UNLOCKED ***" in the very top.

I think it may be best to find out if you are rooted or not before continuing because that will take a seperate path of steps. You should easily be able to download a ROM and recovery on your SD card and run the recovery from fastboot and then flash a ROM and get you back going.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links