Do we have gmail push?

This is a discussion on Do we have gmail push? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I configured my email on the gmail icon and the email icon. send test emails to myself but my phone doesn't receive them unless i ...

Thread: Do we have gmail push?

Do we have gmail push?

I configured my email on the gmail icon and the email icon. send test emails to myself but my phone doesn't receive them unless i manually refresh the mailbox on my phone.

Is there a way to set up push?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I know what mail i Get thru Gmail itself is fairly quick and I have it set to make a sound when i get email.

Though i wish you can set a time for it to go fish for email from other PoP accounts (most of the time it checks every 7 hrs.. maybe every 1 hr would be nice but 7.. wow)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    I configured my email on the gmail icon and the email icon. send test emails to myself but my phone doesn't receive them unless i manually refresh the mailbox on my phone.

It's not instantaneous like BB, but it is push, because there's no way to set up to check every 15 minutes like all the other services that need to sync.

Make sure you have sync on.

Go to settings>Accounts & Sync

Make sure you have background data and auto-sync checked
    Then, press your google account under manage accounts and make sure "sync gmail" is checked.

You should get email notifications immediately.

I usually get notifications on my phone quicker then my Gmail inbox on my computer

That was my issue. I didn't have the sync turned on. It's working pretty fast now, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Daddy View Post

Make sure you have sync on.

Go to settings>Accounts & Sync

Make sure you have background data and auto-sync checked
    Then, press your google account under manage accounts and make sure "sync gmail" is checked.

You should get email notifications immediately.

I usually get notifications on my phone quicker then my Gmail inbox on my computer
    Yes, I agree gmail is immediate with all sync's on.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links