Hit The Power Button During Shutdown, Phone Won't Boot?

This is a discussion on Hit The Power Button During Shutdown, Phone Won't Boot? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I seem to have discovered a weird issue. Sometimes when I would shut down my N1 (because an app wouldn't quit or other troubleshooting), and ...

Thread: Hit The Power Button During Shutdown, Phone Won't Boot?

Hit The Power Button During Shutdown, Phone Won't Boot?

I seem to have discovered a weird issue. Sometimes when I would shut down my N1 (because an app wouldn't quit or other troubleshooting), and the phone wouldn't start back up or even charge.

I think I narrowed it down to hitting the power button before the shutdown is complete. Normally this wouldn't be an issues, but I think the screen sometimes will turn off before it's done completely shutting down. To get it bootable again, I have to take the battery out for a good 30 seconds.

That's my theory anyway. I'm planning on contacting HTC support, but I want to know if it's just my phone, or a more common thing. Anyone else notice (or want to test this)?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The last time was to troubleshoot some bluetooth issues, but that's besides the point. The phone should be able to reboot under normal circumstances.

Nexus One won't start up anymore

I had the exact same issue as you. My phone would crash or lockup and wouldn't restart.

I would pull the battery, wait a few minutes, replace the battery, and try to power up - nothing.

I've contacted HTC - disappointing...

Mine wouldnt even shut down right, it just kept saying 'powering off' n never did, in the end i had to do something i loathe doing to phones, Yank out its battery.
    Oh well, i love this phone, so i forgive it lol

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links