Excessive data sent!!

This is a discussion on Excessive data sent!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; No problem, I am beginning to think it's a glitch - you know what it's like with a new phone, you install lots, then you ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excessive data sent!!

No problem, I am beginning to think it's a glitch - you know what it's like with a new phone, you install lots, then you delete half of them, etc.

I'll let you know!

By doing a factory reset, I believe you are on the right track...

Just monitor your 'sent data' before you load any new market apps, once your sure that the problem is not a software glitch / stock app; then you can load any new app one by one and you should be able to confirm the offending app.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcrute View Post
    I'll keep and eye on it as I add my apps back.
    be handy if you do report back on what (if anything found) was causing this, as I to, being in the UK (with a limited unlimited data plan) am worried about this...

it might have just been a quirk, but lets hope you find (and shoot) the offending application, nothing is worse then crazy intermittent faults which give no cause or reason.

Is that really what they call them....limited unlimited data plans??? Thats funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    Is that really what they call them....limited unlimited data plans??? Thats funny!!
    Nah they just call them unlimited... but with an asterix that says 'conditions apply'. I'm sure someone will take them to court eventually.

It is a proper joke!

Ok, for those that are interested, the results of my testing apps as I install them.

I've installed the apps I had before, and a few more besides, and I haven't had massive uploads once. What the original problem was I don't know!

Sorry it's not the insight some were looking for, but it's made me happy!

Hey! no worries, maybe it was a software glitch... at least it's sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Hey! no worries, maybe it was a software glitch... at least it's sorted.
    it's not a glitch on netcounter, i had this problem as well as i am not on unlimited data plan . Once i found i need to top up again , my sent data last 7 day was 250MB and there was only 37MB received ...

How come ...!!!! i need to sort it out now , otherwise , i cant afford such massive amoount of data flow

With the N1 or the Droid, I can't see why anyone would not want unlimited data. These phones are so data hungry it's crazy. i average 4 to 6Gb a month on my Droid with no tethering.

Well, I have the same problem. I have unlimited data, but I am amazed at the difference in data used by the N1 compared to a Blackberry or the Iphone. I have all three on a family plan. There have to be ways of disabling everything if need be. I bought the phone so I could travel with it, but I planned to only use WIFI internationally. This is making me very scared. I'm not sure I know all the places to turn off data. Is there an app for that? Even airplane mode won't work, as I feel as soon as I turn on wifi, other data will be triggered. I've set it to not use data when roaming, but I'm a wee bit squeamish at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by deecee52 View Post
    Even airplane mode won't work, as I feel as soon as I turn on wifi, other data will be triggered.
    Not the case. Airplane mode with wifi enabled is how I roll..ALL goes thru wifi. Plus, you can call ATT and disable all data during your travel, and re-enable it upon your return.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links