Excessive data sent!!

This is a discussion on Excessive data sent!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; hi all, this happened to me too. I woke up in the morning and noticed ~40MB data was sent overnight. i have no idea what ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excessive data sent!!

hi all, this happened to me too. I woke up in the morning and noticed ~40MB data was sent overnight. i have no idea what caused this as i did not open any application during that period.

has anybody figured out what caused this? apparently it seems common...

...adie

Do you have Latitude enabled? That sends out a fair bit overnight.

Rusty, I do have Latitude enabled. Going to disable that and see how it goes. Thanks!

...adie

Hi!

Have you tried using the app: Quicksettings? it lets you disable mobile data completely.Saved me heaps of mobile internet!!

You'll have to manually enable it when you want to use it though

Hi,
    I got a bit confused after all the posts inthe thread.
    I have the same problem of my device reporting heavy data usage
    From my bill break down I have noticed a 2930.xxxkb firing sometime from minute to minute.
    I have to disable the 3G by creating a dummy APN in the wireless settings.
    I have run out 3G credit for this month as I am a vodafone customer in the UK ->1G limit (dispate the contract say unlimited).

My question is then

1)Do any one have this similar aprox. 3Mb problem
    2)Is there any way to find out which is the cause of it
    3)Is there any data usage monitor application available for the nexus one
    I do not believe the unbilled usage from vodafone runs in real time and I noticed my call are reported well behind the current time.
    4) I read in some threads that the factory reset will cure the problem. Could any one kindly confirm it

I have got a good month to try to find out some solutions but it will be nice to tackle them before I will be overcharged again once I re-enable the 3G

The shop assitant where I bought the phone has a phone with a previous version of android and told me she is a heavy user of the phone, has many applications installed and shown me she also have sync connected to her phone and she said she never passed her limit. Then it led my to thing that it may be something to do with the maps.

Any help will be appreciated,

1) I have some near 3Mb use on my bill, but I also have any other number under the sun on there too. Can't say I'd class it as a 'problem'
    2) Not at the moment
    3) Yes, many. I use 3G Watchdog.
    4) Can't confirm it, never tried.

Ps. Install APNdroid instead of creating a dummy APN.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie_hyden View Post
    Rusty, I do have Latitude enabled. Going to disable that and see how it goes. Thanks!

...adie
    For me, disabling Latitude cleared my problem of excessive data 'sent'.
    Thanks guys.

...adie

I have read so many things about the data usage in N1. Two things I worry about. First, cost of the bill. second, security. seems like no one worry about what it is sending, where it is sending to..etc. I think this is a big problem for privacy issues.
    Hopefully google will look into it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by beatmania82 View Post
    I have read so many things about the data usage in N1. Two things I worry about. First, cost of the bill. second, security. seems like no one worry about what it is sending, where it is sending to..etc. I think this is a big problem for privacy issues.
    Hopefully google will look into it asap.
    In fairness to Google on the privacy issue, as long as anyone is sending data whether it's email, pictures, text etc. I believe there is always someone / people will try to hack into this, think of money for example; the government is always updating 'bills' to reduce counterfeiting.

Data usage can easily be manage by a number of market apps (free) made available for the Nexus.

yes, somethings can be tightened up by Google; but they are not the only ones with these type of issues.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Thanks for this thread. I've grabbed "QuickSettings" App and will make a point of disabling my 3G overnight.

I've downloaded about 13 apps over the past few days and blown through 14gb of my 50 gb plan. I noticed these 'ads' and the updating of news/weather together with latitude was eatting up my data.

So thanks again, now I'll only enable 3G when I want to use it.

Buy it, touch it, use it,
    charge it,
    app it, mod it, root it, format it...technologic

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links