holding the right side of phone loses bars?

This is a discussion on holding the right side of phone loses bars? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Its already been shown that MOST phones will lose service if you place your hand OVER the antenna. Its not uncommon. But yes, I've noticed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: holding the right side of phone loses bars?

Its already been shown that MOST phones will lose service if you place your hand OVER the antenna.

Its not uncommon. But yes, I've noticed that my Nexus will drop a bar or two if you hold the phone that way. HTC and Google said they are working on a fix.

So what can you do in the mean time? Nothing. Try to not cover the bottom of the phone with your hand. Thats about all you can do.

If the problem is software, then a update will be sent out.

If the problem is hardware, then some sort of recall or phone replacement *hopefully* will be sent out.

Is it that complicated?
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Its already been shown that MOST phones will lose service if you place your hand OVER the antenna.

Its not uncommon. But yes, I've noticed that my Nexus will drop a bar or two if you hold the phone that way. HTC and Google said they are working on a fix.

So what can you do in the mean time? Nothing. Try to not cover the bottom of the phone with your hand. Thats about all you can do.

If the problem is software, then a update will be sent out.

If the problem is hardware, then some sort of recall or phone replacement *hopefully* will be sent out.

Is it that complicated?
    They told me same thing, only if it's hardware they said they will recall and replace the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I don't know about "most phones", but my G1 Android phone, also an HTC phone, did NOT exhibit any 3G connectivity problems whatsoever. And the Droid I have now, NEVER has any 3G connectivity problems either.

I'm not sure where the antennas were located in the G1. I know for a fact, in the Droid, they are located on the front lower "chin", as it were, a place where in about any normal way you hold the phone, ones hand never covers the antenna area. But even at that, I can use all my hands and fingers and cover both sides of that particular area on the Droid, and NOT lose any 3G signal.

I really hope HTC resolves the N1 3G connectivity issue, since the phone has so much else going for it. Since 3G signal loss has been a known and ongoing issue, I believe that it has been a definite hindrance to sales, and it will hinder sales of the CDMA version of the N1, if is is not resolved in that new version.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post

I'm not sure where the antennas were located in the G1. I know for a fact, in the Droid, they are located on the front lower "chin", as it were, a place where in about any normal way you hold the phone, ones hand never covers the antenna area. But even at that, I can use all my hands and fingers and cover both sides of that particular area on the Droid, and NOT lose any 3G signal.
    But, since I assume you haven't tried an N1 in the same spot, you're comparing apples to hypothetical oranges. Buy an N1- if it doesn't fit your needs, return it.

I personally think there is a lot of hysteria over this topic, much of it propagated by people who have no actual experience. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this has been encouraged by a certain very aggressive competitor.

Yah I heard that new T-Mobile HSPA+ isn't compatible with Nexus One, which sucks. I doubt they will do a recall unless a MAJOR flaw is found within the phone. A major flaw meaning that the phone is unusable. I really do hope they recall these phones, since I have hardware issues found on my phone.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post

But, since I assume you haven't tried an N1 in the same spot, you're comparing apples to hypothetical oranges. Buy an N1- if it doesn't fit your needs, return it.

I personally think there is a lot of hysteria over this topic, much of it propagated by people who have no actual experience. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this has been encouraged by a certain very aggressive competitor.
    OK fine, my personal experience with various phones is singular and therefore "anecdotal", so throw it out of the discussion here.

I frequent all the Android phone sites, plus the mobile tech sites. The fact is, the N1 is the only Android phone that there has been widespread reports of 3G connectivity problems, so much so, that the manufacturer, the carrier and Google have all had to respond in some form, including an attempted OTA update to address the issue (which did not fix it). For you to assert that this is all "hysteria" that has been all been organized by a competitor is laughable. The facts are what they are.

I already expressed that I have an interest in possibly buying an N1 when it comes to Verizon. I follow closely all the high-end Android phones as they come out in the US, and take advantage of the experience of others by researching on the internet, before I make my move and purchase an expensive phone. But thanks anyway and pardon me if I don't take your advice to rush out and purchase without paying any heed to the mass of information already out there.

I am wondering if the new HTC Desire will have the same problems when it is released here in Asia when holding phone from bottom or right side
    It's freakin stupid to manufacture a high end mobile smartphone that can't even be held properly without losing bars or signal.

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    I am wondering if the new HTC Desire will have the same problems when it is released here in Asia when holding phone from bottom or right side
    It's freakin stupid to manufacture a high end mobile smartphone that can't even be held properly without losing bars or signal.
    HTC has been building phones for 13 years, which is not really a short time in this industry. Personally, I like HTC. I had my G1 for over a year, and found the build quality to be fine. I would surely think that they would address and correct the 3G connectivity/antenna issue, by the time both the HTC Desire and the CDMA Nexus One are released. If they don't, their reputation will begin to suffer, and reputation is one of the most valuable commodities a company owns, perhaps particularly so in mobile electronics.

We hold the Nexus One from the right side or bottom and we lose bars.
    I thought about the Nexus One when he said "There is no wrong or right way to hold it lol..."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-YAQ1wfNqc]YouTube - Apple - iPad - Introducing the iPad[/ame]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links