help with google talk and apps

This is a discussion on help with google talk and apps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i just got my nexus one a day or tow ago, been working fine....today i tried to upload apps and they've been loading ALL day ...

Thread: help with google talk and apps

help with google talk and apps

i just got my nexus one a day or tow ago, been working fine....today i tried to upload apps and they've been loading ALL day and i cant connect to google talk ...HELP!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi everybody,
    I got exactly the same problem: the applications don't download and when i try to launch google talk it says "couldn't connect to server" (but everything else is working: internet...)

Same problem here. Can't update/download any apps from the Market.

Has the Market gone down??

Also, same problem with google talk (however, i don't use this so not a major issue).

Still not able to download apps from the market (been about 5 days now).

Running stock 2.1.

Any clues as to the issue??
    Is there a reset somewhere I can use?

I haven't had any problems with the market. I wonder if you clear your cache if that would help? You can do that from settings/applications and tapping on the app. I don't use Google Talk, but would try that for it, too. Hope it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I haven't had any problems with the market. I wonder if you clear your cache if that would help? You can do that from settings/applications and tapping on the app. I don't use Google Talk, but would try that for it, too. Hope it works for you.

Thanks - but that didn't work either. Anyway, I think I've solved the problem after researching the issues.

It seems there's some type of authentication between Google Talk and downloading apps from the Market. If you can't log onto Google Talk then you can't download apps from the market.

The problem can be easily solved by just logging onto Google Talk. Once you can do this, you can just go and download apps.

However, I couldn't log onto Google Talk!!

The problem was that, in the UK, Googlemail moved to Gmail. If you accepted the move from googlemail to gmail (from your desktop) then the N1 couldn't authenticate your account. So you have to move back to googlemail. There's also a setting on Googlemail to turn on chat.

Hope that helps others with similar problems.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links