Cracked Camera Lens - So gutted :(

This is a discussion on Cracked Camera Lens - So gutted :( within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've just noticed that my nexus' camera lens has a nasty crack on it. I had a quick search on here but couldn't find anyone ...

Thread: Cracked Camera Lens - So gutted :(

Cracked Camera Lens - So gutted :(

I've just noticed that my nexus' camera lens has a nasty crack on it. I had a quick search on here but couldn't find anyone else with the same problem?

I've had the phone for under a month, I've treated it extremely carefully due to how expensive it is, keeping it in the pouch provided and then within a seperate pocket in my handbag whenever I'm moving about. Haven't dropped it once or anything, so I can only assume it was there to begin with.. I think I haven't noticed it until now because the crack doesn't seem to affect images taken by the camera. But still, not what I expected from such an amazing phone >.< and pricey one at that..

Heres the damage:

Pretty nasty huh
    I've just contacted google so we'll see how it goes.. but I am a UK user so I wonder how the return service would work. Would I have to pay tax again?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry to see...

By looking at the crack, it appears to be pressure crack, meaning it wasn't dropped; more like for example, it's in your pocket with a bunch of keys and part of a key or strong object pressed against it. I doubt very much it was there from day one.... My 2c.

If I'm right, the battery cover is where the damage is that should be fairly easy to get a replacement.

As for taxes you may have to pay again...

Yea it looks like it's just the cover, which should be reasonably inexpensive to replace. The scratch to the right of the crack is a telltale sign that it was pushed up against something hard and sharp like a key or perhaps something when lying on a desktop?

aha! It is just on the case!

Is there any way to get a replacement yet? Or would google send me one out??

I really have no idea how it could of happend. For starters I don't have any keys so thats out of the question. But other than that I have literally been so careful with it, since it was alot of money for me to fork out >.< it has its own little pocket in my bag with a zip *shrugs*

Same thing. One minute it was fine and i was taking pictures and the next it was cracked... i am not sure how it could of happened. I think it is a result of poor design. I have never had a camera screen break. I think I am going to just drill out the cracked lens cover and clue in a thicker plexi. I will post something on Youtube on how.

I will say that apple does have a much better camera design.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links