bug adding new contacts

This is a discussion on bug adding new contacts within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey folks, I've found what I believe is a bug on my phone that is giving me trouble with adding new contacts using my N1. ...

Thread: bug adding new contacts

bug adding new contacts

Hey folks,

I've found what I believe is a bug on my phone that is giving me trouble with adding new contacts using my N1. When I add a new contact to my phone by default it doesn't show up in my contact list - I add it in but can't see it. To see it I have to go in to "Display options" and check a group that is blank (no name). Then it shows up. After the phone syncs with Google that contact is added into the "All Contacts" group so I can see it by going into "Display options" and selecting the "All Contacts" group. At the same time the blank group disappears from the list of groups on the N1 (no blank group ever shows up in Google).

So, it appears that a) when I add a contact it is not assigned automatically to the "System Group: My Contacts" group and is instead put in a no-name group. When it is synced to Google it is assigned to the "All Contacts" group automatically.

All would be well with this scenario if I just always had the Display Options set to show "All Contacts" because then, even if the new entry wasn't visible immediately, as soon as it was synced to Google it would show up in the list. However, I have over 500 entries in "All Contacts" and the way Gmail is setup there are lots of emails that get added that I don't want on my phone as a contact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I thought this was a bug but this is what happened to me. I had facebook sync on so my contact was already added under a different name. When I tried making this new contact (same person, different names) it didn't appear. Attempted two times, before I just decided to delete the other one. Turns out that my two new contact I attempted to make automatically merged with the one with a different name but same information. My grammer is bad, but do you get where I'm going at?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not the same as my issue

that's interesting but it's not what 's happening to me. In my case the new contacts are being added in but it's being added to All Contacts not My Contacts which means that on my phone it won't show up unless I select All Contacts under Display Options (and even then it still doesn't show up until the phone syncs with google).
    -michael

solution...

Okay. I think this is a bug or just a minor glitch.
    You have to go into "Contacts" -> "menu" -> "import/export" -> "import from sd card".

After it runs, then you should be fine. It did for me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links