power/unlock button stuck

This is a discussion on power/unlock button stuck within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; so the problem was annoying at first not being able to unlock the phone in the first 20 tries but now the phone is just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: power/unlock button stuck

power/unlock button stuck

so the problem was annoying at first not being able to unlock the phone in the first 20 tries but now the phone is just stuck. I kept it in the clock app to unlock via the trackball but i forgot to fire up the app now its stuck. I called HTC setup an RMA but i'll be out a phone for a week. Any ideas on a fix?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by xero404 View Post
    so the problem was annoying at first not being able to unlock the phone in the first 20 tries but now the phone is just stuck. I kept it in the clock app to unlock via the trackball but i forgot to fire up the app now its stuck. I called HTC setup an RMA but i'll be out a phone for a week. Any ideas on a fix?
    It looks as if it's a hardware issue, if the power button is stuck... therefore it will have to be a warranty repair.

My wife had a similar issue with hers. Had htc send us a new one, and I had to send the broke one back.
    Rooted Nexus One

^^ how do you get them to send you one in advance? they just sent me a shipping label and they won't replace it until a tech *inspects* it.

The guy offered both options to me. The only condition was that they had to charge me the full price of the phone until they get the defective one back. The guy did have to grab a manager in order to do it.

The one they sent back hasn't restarted on it's own and the power button hasn't had any issues, so it's god so far...just sent back the old one today.
    Rooted Nexus One

so looks like i'm out of a phone for a week . kinda miss the iphone when i just traded it out at the apple store.

I starting having this same issue earlier this week. It would take 3+ presses to get the power button to wake up the phone, after some time it just stopped working altogether.

The only way for me to wake the phone up at that point was to text myself from another phone, or plug in the usb charger/cable.

I installed LockBot Free so that I can use the trackball to wake the phone up. I'm with you guys in that I don't have to be without the phone for a week or more, so I'm dreading sending it back into HTC to fix or replace. I'll probably be sending this out tomorrow ...

Will they send you a replacement in advance if you own the phone for more than 14 days?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just got off the phone with HTC Nexus One support, I asked them how I can get a loaner phone while mine is being serviced, or a replacement phone. The rep "Gary" told me that if I'm with TMobile, they have a loaner program where I can walk into a TMobile store and they will give me a loaner for the meantime.

I was hoping to just get the replacement Nexus One as someone else on here had said they received ahead of time, but that wasn't the case with me. I'm going to send my phone back tomorrow to HTC, and won't use the loaner program from TMObile. I have my Nokia N97 still at home and will probably use that while I'm waiting for the N1 to get fixed.

Hope that helps

i was checking the repair tracking this morning and it finally said phone was being repaired. I was pretty diappointed and was expecting to be out of a phone for a week BUT low and behold i got an overnight package from htc in texas.

So all in all i was out of a phone monday 3/8/2010 morning until friday night 3/12/2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links