N1 refuses to automatically connect to "remembered" WiFi network...

This is a discussion on N1 refuses to automatically connect to "remembered" WiFi network... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My Nexus One refuses to automatically connect to my home or work WiFi networks even though both of them are "Remembered" in the WiFi settings. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N1 refuses to automatically connect to "remembered" WiFi network...

N1 refuses to automatically connect to "remembered" WiFi network...

My Nexus One refuses to automatically connect to my home or work WiFi networks even though both of them are "Remembered" in the WiFi settings. The phone has no problem utilizing that annoying little pulsating light to alert me when it is in range of either of these networks. But it will not connect to the network unless I manually tell it to every single time I wake the phone from sleep.

I even checked the setting that prevents the phone from disconnecting from the WiFi network while in sleep mode, yet it completely ignores this as well.

According to the link below, there are plenty of others having this same issue:
    WiFi constantly drops, won't stay connected when in sleep (option to never sleep IS selected) and won't reconnect - Android Help

Anyone have a fix?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

By reading your link with other people having the same issue; it's probably a software bug.

Hopefully Google is aware of this and will address it soon.

BTW... I'm assuming you have the latest firmware on your router at home.

Yep, I have the latest firmware installed at home. There is no way for me to know if the router at work does or not though.

I hope they get this fixed. This flaw alone is starting to make me miss my iPhone.

Does the N1 work with Verizon MiFi for a better signal at home?

Never tried it.

Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging your router?

Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect your router, then removing the connection off your Nexus, restarting the phone, rescanning and reconnecting?

Its possible it might actually be your router that you are using that isn't holding the connection. Or possibly if you have it password protected, you entered the password incorrectly when setting up the connection?

I was having issues with my Nexus connecting to my router even though i was putting the correct password. I had to reset the phone and router to get it to connect correctly.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

If you're right then that's a pretty pathetic flaw in the Nexus One.

My iPhone had absolutely no problems connecting automatically to this router, my work router, or any other network that i told it to connect to. After telling the iPhone to connect to any network the first time, it would ALWAYS automatically connect to all of them whenever one was in range. i never had to reset the phone or a router to get it to work properly.

Even my girlfriends MyTouch has no problem automatically connecting to the same networks.

I have to say that so far I'm pretty displeased with this phone...

1) It's already frozen on me more times in the last month than either of my iPhones did the entire 2 years I had them.

2) The N1's touch screen is far inferior to the iPhone's when it comes to touch accuracy.

3) When on a phone call and I want to hang up, I'll pull the phone away from my ear and the screen only lights up allowing me to hit the "End" button about half the time.

4) After almost 5 weeks of nagging T-Mobile to activate visual voicemail it still does not work.

5) And getting it to do something as simple as automatically connect to a remembered network is proving to be to complicated for this phone.

I'm truly considering trading back to a 3GS at this point.

I've got 3 iphones, 2 laptops that all reconnect to my wifi with no problems after waking up from sleep. My Nexus One can't. A quick Google search shows that it happens to everybody. Definitely a problem.

I am not experiencing any connection problems with WiFi either. I have it at home, and both my Mother and sister have WiFi, and I can connect seamlessly to any of them as soon as I am within range.

Do you have any applications on the N1 that may be confusing something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links