Cannot get 3g or wifi to work AT ALL

This is a discussion on Cannot get 3g or wifi to work AT ALL within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I got the phone earlier today and for the life of me I cannot get 3G or wifi to work AT ALL.. (I have ...

Thread: Cannot get 3g or wifi to work AT ALL

Cannot get 3g or wifi to work AT ALL

So I got the phone earlier today and for the life of me I cannot get 3G or wifi to work AT ALL.. (I have been looking up ways to fix it but no go) All I am getting is 2g with 3-5 bars and wifi will not work even though it saids I have an excellent connection. I like the phone alot but those 2 problems are making me want to return it I am hoping the lack of 3g can be fixed with an update? Unless it is just my location. As for wifi that is really frustrating me too, I have comcast and a netgear wireless router. Everything else, game systems, laptop, desktop has no problems.. Only the nexus one. Any help would be appreciated guys/gals. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try this:

Go to phone > dial *#*#4636#*#* then go to Phone Info and choose WCMA Only

To revert back, follow above steps and choose WCMA Preferred.

are you able to see your wifi network from your nexus one but unable to connect? if this is the case, I would advice trying to connect the phone to some other network (work, school, friends house) and see if the problem persists, or if its an issue with just your network.

as for 3G, what carrier are you using?

check that you have 3G enabled by going to settings > wireless & networks > Mobile Networks, and make sure that Use Only 2G is unchecked.

you can try the steps mentioned above to force 3G, and see if you are able to pick it up that way.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links