Missed call - trackball not flashing

This is a discussion on Missed call - trackball not flashing within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, As I read in the manual the trackball LED should be flashing when I have a missed call. Well, that is not the case ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missed call - trackball not flashing

Missed call - trackball not flashing

Hi,

As I read in the manual the trackball LED should be flashing when I have a missed call. Well, that is not the case with my N1; it flashes for other notifications (SMS, email), but not for missed calls.

This is really annoying as I constantly have to turn on the screen to check for missed calls. Any clues what could be wrong? Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Make sure the notification is set to flash LED.

Settings > Call Settings> Missed Call LED Notify

@NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Are you sure this option is available on the stock ROM N1? Went through all the settings menus and cannot find it...

Quote Originally Posted by Buksl View Post
    Are you sure this option is available on the stock ROM N1? Went through all the settings menus and cannot find it...
    On my stock phone, it is under sound and display settings, pulse notification light. However, if it is working for other notifications, that probably isn't it. It only has one option, either on or off, and as I understand it, it is supposed to blink for any/all notifications.

Are you using any application that may cause a conflict? Usually when the phone isn't working right, it can be traced back to a software app.

Yes, I was also thinking about some application conflict. However, there really isn't anything running that could interfere with it.

ATK lists the following apps running: Voice Search, Talk, News and Weather, Maps, Browser, Email, Settings, Gmail, Facebook. Nothing suspicious here.

Looks like I am the only one with such a problem... Strange.

I also noticed that the trackball doesn't flash on calendar reminders. But it definitely works for SMS and email alerts.

Any more suggestions? Don't think there is an application conflict as it has been this way since day one.

Have you tried sound and display>pulse notification light

Quote Originally Posted by rastacongo View Post
    Have you tried sound and display>pulse notification light
    Yes, that is checked...

Just got my phone - same issue. I don't have much installed but I'll try seeing if there's a conflict somewhere...

I just discovered something... the LED flashed when it was sitting on my desk then went off when I put it on the charging dock. Not ideal but not as bad as I thought...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links