Major trouble adding a contact to the nexus

This is a discussion on Major trouble adding a contact to the nexus within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Alright, so I've searched all over this forum, so forgive me if I missed it, but I am having MAJOR issues adding a new contact ...

Thread: Major trouble adding a contact to the nexus

Major trouble adding a contact to the nexus

Alright, so I've searched all over this forum, so forgive me if I missed it, but I am having MAJOR issues adding a new contact to the nexus.

I synced the nexus with my sim card, and all the contacts were imported. Great. Except I forgot to put in the number of one of my good friends, Jesse. So I try to add Jesse, and I type in his name and hit 'Done'. The nexus says, 'Saving to contacts' BUT then I go to the J's and he isn't there.

I hit display options and on both my accounts (g-mail and facebook) hit for it to display all or whatever, and he still isn't showing up. When I tried to create him as a new contact, the account at the top was my g-mail account. I'm not sure what this means.

This is seriously driving me up a wall right now. If anyone could help it would be so so appreciated! Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

OKAY, so I just figured it out--hopefully if anyone else has this problem in the future they can learn from it.

I already had a different Jesse in my phone, only this was 'Jesse!' with an exclamation point. I did this a really long time ago when I had a crappy blackberry to differentiate them. All I had to do was open up the Jesse! contact, hit menu, and then separate them.

I love the nexus, do not get me wrong, but that isn't the best feature that was ever invented! :/

its used for syncing the same contact from different place ie google, facebook , and your phone contact. so they automatically combine. try using last name on your contacts to avoid this
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links