Data and 3G Connection Suddenly Lost, Not Coming Back

This is a discussion on Data and 3G Connection Suddenly Lost, Not Coming Back within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; from a local forum I've read that there are people using N1 with the same carrier, and we've compared settings which are exactly the same. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Data and 3G Connection Suddenly Lost, Not Coming Back

from a local forum I've read that there are people using N1 with the same carrier, and we've compared settings which are exactly the same.

today, I tried a different sim card from the same carrier - same problem persists.

then I tried a sim card from a different carrier, which to my surprise worked fine, had full 3G connection.

so it would seem the issue is with this particular carrier as neither of the sim cards worked.

however, people have succesfully used this same carrier on their N1's, and everything worked fine for me before. it shouldn't be a matter of settings because I must've gone through them 50 times and have reset the phone to factory settings several times.

Quote Originally Posted by bagel View Post
    from a local forum I've read that there are people using N1 with the same carrier, and we've compared settings which are exactly the same.

today, I tried a different sim card from the same carrier - same problem persists.

then I tried a sim card from a different carrier, which to my surprise worked fine, had full 3G connection.

so it would seem the issue is with this particular carrier as neither of the sim cards worked.

however, people have succesfully used this same carrier on their N1's, and everything worked fine for me before. it shouldn't be a matter of settings because I must've gone through them 50 times and have reset the phone to factory settings several times.
    As I mentioned before, the issue has to between the sim card + your carrier.

Those who have a working Nexus on your carrier swap out the 'SC' and this will confirm 100% if it's your sim or carrier.

I don't know anyone personally with this combination, but have had several people online tell me they are running the same setup and working perfectly.

I'll have to see if I could find anyone locally with an N1, and test my sim card in their phone.

ok, so today I was able to test my sim card in another N1. with all the same settings, it worked perfectly, so its not a problem with my sim card or my carrier, but this particular phone.

I contacted Google support, and they said it could be a hardware defect. the weird part is that with another carrier, this N1 works fine, but with one carrier it doesn't. its not a matter of settings as the same exact ones work on other N1's.

Well it's good to know you were able to narrow it down...

With what was going on, I could of sworn it would of been the sim / carrier.

Anyway keep us posted on the results.

Bishop6

Cool Possible fix

I have experienced this exact same problem with 3g and Tmobile in the UK. In fact my data transfer arrows disappeared altogether. I found a possible fix that has been working for the last 10 minutes.

Phone *#*info#*#*

Press menu

select radio band

Select euro (not automatic)

Selecting United States for the US also has reported fixes here.

My arrowes returned and connectivity is back online - for now at least.

Hi!

I know this is a very old thread, but I'm now experiencing the exact same issue as described in this thread.

Did anybody ever find a solution?

How do I acces that *#*#info#*#* thing to try the workaround stated above? I hope someone can answer me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links