Data and 3G Connection Suddenly Lost, Not Coming Back

This is a discussion on Data and 3G Connection Suddenly Lost, Not Coming Back within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I bought a nexus one just a couple of days ago. I set up the mobile network according to the same settings I've used for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data and 3G Connection Suddenly Lost, Not Coming Back

Data and 3G Connection Suddenly Lost, Not Coming Back

I bought a nexus one just a couple of days ago.

I set up the mobile network according to the same settings I've used for my carrier (Elisa, Finland) on an iPhone and other android phones, simply entering "internet" as the APN, and enabled Roaming.

this worked fine, I was able to get online and it worked fast and without problems for a day.

then, last night, I noticed the 3G symbol missing. tried viewing my e-mail, no connection. same for the web browser, page not found. booted the phone, no difference. looked through the settings, everything looks the same, roaming enabled.. I have good signal strength and am in a place which always has full 3G coverage. to double check, I took my old iPhone, put in the same sim-card and had 3G right away.

went into the testing screen (*#*#4636#*#*), its set to the default (WCDMA preferred) and shows the following under GSM disconnects:

=======DATA======
    State: setting up
    is connecting to Elisa
    Internet, 120, 24405,
    internet, http://mms.elisa.fi,,,,-1,*

I stared at the screen for a few minutes and the status doesn't change.

I tried switching it to WCDMA only and rebooting. still no 3G connection, same data under GSM disconnects - "setting up". I tried GSM only, and after rebooting I actually got a data connection (GPRS?) that worked.

I switched back and forth between WCDMA preferred and WCDMA only, at some point the 3G symbol actually appeared, but I couldn't open a web page nor retrieve my e-mail. after a while the 3G symbol just dissappeared.

I did a reset to factory, went through the settings, no help. still not getting 3G nor Edge at any point. as mentioned this is all in an area with excellent coverage where all other phones have 3G and where the N1 still worked fine yesterday.

any thoughts or ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

See if these settings work.

Name elisa internet
    APN: internet or mms
    Proxy: <blank>
    Port: <blank>
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>
    Server: <blank>
    MMSC: http://mms.elisa.fi
    MMS: proxy <blank>
    MMS: port <blank>
    MCC: 244
    MNC: 05
    APN: type default

thats exactly what I have, same settings that worked perfectly earlier.

Confirm with your carrier that no settings has changed on their side.

the same settings work on other phones, so I'd assume they are the same.

I will give their customer service a ring, but its pretty difficult as this is not a typical phone here, and since the same sim-card works in another 3G phone which would indicate that its not a problem with the network, but this particular phone.

I just realized, you don't need roaming to get internet connection.

What happens if you disable 'roaming' to see what happens?

doesn't seem to make a differene

I noticed that when I put on "use only 2G networks" from the settings, I actually get a data connection and the G-icon shows up.

when I switched it off, the 3G icon showed up with full reception, but when I tried to open a web page or access my e-mail, no connection. ping also fails. after a while, the 3G logo dissappears, and no sign of Edge either.

I tried it different places where other phones have full 3G reception, no difference.

For your proxy and port try; 213.161.41.57, 8080 or 80

no difference with the proxy, it works in 2G and Edge like with out it, but if I turn off "use only2G networks", the data connection is lost.

occasionally when I toggle the 2G setting, the 3G symbol will show up with full reception, but there is no data connection if I try to ping it or open a webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by bagel View Post
    no difference with the proxy, it works in 2G and Edge like with out it, but if I turn off "use only2G networks", the data connection is lost.

occasionally when I toggle the 2G setting, the 3G symbol will show up with full reception, but there is no data connection if I try to ping it or open a webpage.
    Okay, if you have done factory reset and checked all your settings. Another option I can think of.

1) Do you know someone else that has a Nexus, using the same carrier as you...

If yes; swap your sim card with theirs and see if your phone will pick up 3G or not, also see if their phone can pick up 3G with your sim Card.

It's a long shot... but the issue maybe your sim card and not the phone or carrier settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links