100% to 16% Overnight

This is a discussion on 100% to 16% Overnight within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I didn't have any background apps running (closed them before I went to bed) and was on 100% but when I woke up it was ...

Thread: 100% to 16% Overnight

100% to 16% Overnight

I didn't have any background apps running (closed them before I went to bed) and was on 100% but when I woke up it was at 16%.

I'm currently charging it to 100% after completely draining it. Is there anything else I should do to try to get the battery 'in gear'?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you check to see what applications caused that? Something had to be running. I have never used a task killer of any kind and mine might lose 2% overnight at most.

Yeah it said "Android OS" I believe used 60+%

Same thing happens to me because I have no signal at my house. All night Android is polling for a cell signal and that takes a lot of battery.

Quote Originally Posted by andiefairlie View Post
    Yeah it said "Android OS" I believe used 60+%
    Also if you touch 'Android OS' you will be able to see a little more detail on what is using up your battery consumption.

Try using airplane mode overnight to see if you get better results. It could be like the post before me said. Looking for a signal all night. Also try powering off the phone and back on. You could just have a glitch. I would even take out the battery to make sure.

So far it's been running for 1day 5 hours and still has around 40% left. So I'm extremely happy with the battery life now - thanks guys!

What did you do?

Drained battery down completely and left it on charge until an hour or so after the LED at front went green (and left it alone during that time)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Try using airplane mode overnight to see if you get better results. It could be like the post before me said. Looking for a signal all night. Also try powering off the phone and back on. You could just have a glitch. I would even take out the battery to make sure.
    Airplane mode at night helps a lot.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links