Phone credit constantly leaking...?

This is a discussion on Phone credit constantly leaking...? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Mihailo Originally Posted by M_Woody look for a program called 'apndroid' in the Android Store I did. Thank you, it might work. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Phone credit constantly leaking...?

  1. #11
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Woody View Post
    look for a program called 'apndroid' in the Android Store
    I did. Thank you, it might work.

    What I want to know is, why is the damn thing eating my money all the time!

    Not to cure the symptoms of disease, but the root of it, so to speak
    Any luck with this? That is a strange issue to have an is hopefully not an issue with the N1 itself.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  2. #12
    Member xkillerbx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    76
    Have you tried to turn off the sync? By default it will sync your contacts, calender, Picasa, etc. What about social networking updates: Facebook, Twitter, etc. Pop3 or Gmail? Are you using any call filtering programs that may not be disconnecting calls? GPS or network location? Google Maps? All this stuff eats data and this is a VERY data hungry phone so it could be coming from anywhere really.

  3. #13
    Senior Member M_Woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Woody View Post
    look for a program called 'apndroid' in the Android Store
    I did. Thank you, it might work.

    What I want to know is, why is the damn thing eating my money all the time!

    Not to cure the symptoms of disease, but the root of it, so to speak
    Any luck with this? That is a strange issue to have an is hopefully not an issue with the N1 itself.
    I used to use it, now I do it manually, I would definitely recommend the app
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

    I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

    200th post - 6th April, 2010.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #14
    KTP
    KTP is offline
    Junior Member KTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by xkillerbx View Post
    Have you tried to turn off the sync? By default it will sync your contacts, calender, Picasa, etc. What about social networking updates: Facebook, Twitter, etc. Pop3 or Gmail? Are you using any call filtering programs that may not be disconnecting calls? GPS or network location? Google Maps? All this stuff eats data and this is a VERY data hungry phone so it could be coming from anywhere really.
    I don't *think* that using the GPS or AGPS from cell towers would use up minutes, at least on T-mobile prepaid plans. If you use google maps online though, ya. Get Oruxmap and download your region to use it offline with sat gps.

  5. #15
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xkillerbx View Post
    Have you tried to turn off the sync? By default it will sync your contacts, calender, Picasa, etc. What about social networking updates: Facebook, Twitter, etc. Pop3 or Gmail? Are you using any call filtering programs that may not be disconnecting calls? GPS or network location? Google Maps? All this stuff eats data and this is a VERY data hungry phone so it could be coming from anywhere really.
    I don't *think* that using the GPS or AGPS from cell towers would use up minutes, at least on T-mobile prepaid plans. If you use google maps online though, ya. Get Oruxmap and download your region to use it offline with sat gps.
    The AGPS will not use up minutes but it will use up data...it connects to cell towers to gain a preliminary position as well as download the maps.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  6. #16
    Junior Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Alright, here's how the things are.

    Nexus is one hungry son of a phone!

    Service provider couldn't tell me much, except that all the money went from my account due to GPRS (data) transfer.

    Why? Who knows, this and that.

    Now the only solution is - watch the damn thing (it's traffic, NetCounter proved to be good for that) and keep it off 3G/2G networks, unless you're playing with it (ApnDroid is excellent for that), keep all the syncing manual.

    It uses data whatever you do, all the time, GPS positioning (it probably can be done without data traffic, but with 3G enabled is like 100 times faster), updates, syncing, everything.

    So, my advice besides above said is, buy a good or unlimited data plan from your provider or sell the phone!

    I love my Nexus, it's one damn good phone, even my girlfriend is jealous of it but we have to be careful with the data transfer...

    Thanks to you all guys who participated, take care, good luck, and one of the coolest punch lines I've read (from WaveSecure, especially cool cause they provide anti-theft solution) - 'May the phone be with you!' :D

  7. #17
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    Alright, here's how the things are.

    Nexus is one hungry son of a phone!

    Service provider couldn't tell me much, except that all the money went from my account due to GPRS (data) transfer.

    Why? Who knows, this and that.

    Now the only solution is - watch the damn thing (it's traffic, NetCounter proved to be good for that) and keep it off 3G/2G networks, unless you're playing with it (ApnDroid is excellent for that), keep all the syncing manual.

    It uses data whatever you do, all the time, GPS positioning (it probably can be done without data traffic, but with 3G enabled is like 100 times faster), updates, syncing, everything.

    So, my advice besides above said is, buy a good or unlimited data plan from your provider or sell the phone!

    I love my Nexus, it's one damn good phone, even my girlfriend is jealous of it but we have to be careful with the data transfer...

    Thanks to you all guys who participated, take care, good luck, and one of the coolest punch lines I've read (from WaveSecure, especially cool cause they provide anti-theft solution) - 'May the phone be with you!' :D
    Its too bad they couldnt figure out what it was that was causing it exactly. But I do agree...you need a very large or unlimited data plan with the N1 or any newer smartphone these days.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  8. #18
    Junior Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Hey guys, just btw, yesterday I stumbled across an awesome app, for stopping data (3G/2G/GPRS) traffic.

    It's only a widget (which you can add to your homescreen), but does a job perfectly! (unlike apndroid, which made me have to reset the phone every time after switching the traffic back on)

    Small, free and excellent - 'Toggle data traffic'.

    Keeps your phone bill normal!

  9. #19
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Nice find!!
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  10. #20
    Junior Member Midwest Division's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    Hey guys, just btw, yesterday I stumbled across an awesome app, for stopping data (3G/2G/GPRS) traffic.

    It's only a widget (which you can add to your homescreen), but does a job perfectly! (unlike apndroid, which made me have to reset the phone every time after switching the traffic back on)

    Small, free and excellent - 'Toggle data traffic'.

    Keeps your phone bill normal!
    I'm new to the nexus one and the market place (first post!)...I tried looking for the "Toggle data Traffic" app in the market place, but couldn't find it. Can you give me some pointers as to where you found it? Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android phone keep draining credit - if ...
,
check phone for bugs
,
credit leaking from phone
,
my mobile phone is leaking credit
,
my phone credit is going down
,
my phones credit is leaking
,
why does my credit keep going down t mobile when i do not call
,

why does my phone credit keeps going down

,

why is my phone credit going down

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum