"Best" wireless router to work with N1 in G/N mode? N1 will NOT remain connected...

This is a discussion on "Best" wireless router to work with N1 in G/N mode? N1 will NOT remain connected... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by richard371 tried that and saved but it keeps defaulting back to auto. exactly! what a bummer. that guy's idea is great, but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Best" wireless router to work with N1 in G/N mode? N1 will NOT remain connected...

Quote Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
    tried that and saved but it keeps defaulting back to auto.
    exactly! what a bummer. that guy's idea is great, but somehow, the N1 keeps NOT remembering our specific choice of option. what a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Are these Linky models DD-WRT compliant?
    I can confirm mine is, as should all the Linksys wrt54 series.

Hello? Hello...

Has my thread been hijacked?

Try WPA2 instead of WPA fixed my prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualmonitors View Post
    Hello? Hello...

Has my thread been hijacked?

The post are on-topic, remain relevant to your issue, so I see it as a conversation, not a hijack. Was there anything else you were looking for, wrt the OP? Did you buy the Netgear? /shivers
    may i ask what shivers with regard to the generally well regarded 3700 Netgear? that model seem to get universally excellent ratings across a large number of purchasers. if i recall correctly, maybe around 200 newegg reviewers roughly and many 4 to 5 eggs and very very few 1 egg scores.

would like to hear why you said shivers with regard to the Netgear 3700 just in case you think i'm making a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualmonitors View Post

The post are on-topic, remain relevant to your issue, so I see it as a conversation, not a hijack. Was there anything else you were looking for, wrt the OP? Did you buy the Netgear? /shivers
    may i ask what shivers with regard to the generally well regarded 3700 Netgear? that model seem to get universally excellent ratings across a large number of purchasers. if i recall correctly, maybe around 200 newegg reviewers roughly and many 4 to 5 eggs and very very few 1 egg scores.

would like to hear why you said shivers with regard to the Netgear 3700 just in case you think i'm making a big mistake.
    Personal experience, coupled with knowing a few folks that worked (past tense) for Netgear. They're a marketing department-driven company, and have released beta software/hardware, with a view towards 'sell now, fix it later' mentality. Problem is, they were slow to fix, sometimes didn't, and simply released yet another model, never fixing the old. Swore them off years ago. Still buy Linksys/Buffalo variants, and use alternative firmwares with the best results.
    Respectfully, may i ask if it would make more sense to focus on this one model specifically, as i'm looking to buy/use this one specific model, and not trying to get an overall sense of how good/bad, in general, Netgear products are vis-a-vis Buffalo/Linksys? Again, I ask this respectfully, in the spirit of learning and trying do the job "right". Thx.

my current router is a DLink 635, roughly 3 years old.

this new 3700 Netgear which is receiving good feedback came out roughly around 9/2009 has the full gamut of modern router features, basically everything thrown in - hence its substantial cost/premium over other routers with fewer features.

i merely thought that by seeing a good number of purchasers seemingly finding few problems with this model, plus it has numerous latest features, plus the fact that Netgear has already issues several firmware released since 9/2009, seems to bode well for a person who's having a relatively obscure issue like me with my N1. That's my train of thought.

oh i see now. i didn't realize that my roughly 3-yr old DLink 635 is Atheros-based. Thx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links