Facebook Sync With Contacts

This is a discussion on Facebook Sync With Contacts within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; For some reason only a handful of my contacts will sync with my facebook account even though I have all the first and last names ...

Thread: Facebook Sync With Contacts

Facebook Sync With Contacts

For some reason only a handful of my contacts will sync with my facebook account even though I have all the first and last names correctly written as they are on facebook. It seems to pick and choose and I have no reason why. I have it on auto sync and keep trying to re sync but no more will sync. I have no clue why if the names are correct it cannot find it. Does someone know how the sync actually works and what may be causing this issue?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So i figured out that it just looks for the phone number and not the name. This makes sense now but that is not how it should work. They should have it so that it will sync with facebook friend's names with my contact names, that would result in a way higher amount of people to sync with. Stupid, hopefully they can update this.

Do you have it set to sync all or sync with existing contacts? If it's set to sync all, try turning Facebook sync off and removing the account, then re-add it and see if that helps.

All of my Facebook contacts show up, phone number or not.

Perhaps you should explain exactly what you mean by "syncing" your facebook contacts. It seems to me from what you're saying is you'd like your facebook contacts to automatically merge with your phone contacts, and wondering why it works sometimes and not others?

My beef with the joining thing is that it occurs randomly, and never asks for confirmation of what it's doing. I just discovered today that a lot of contacts that I thought were missing were mistakenly merged with other contacts. It needs a method of asking for confirmation before it performs merges.

Auto-sync with Facebook

Can someone help me!?! I have all my contacts on facebook and when I try to add facebook to auto-sync nothing happens?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links