GPS crashes my 3G ???

This is a discussion on GPS crashes my 3G ??? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; When you say data connections is lost, is this after you've made a connection; say your browser?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS crashes my 3G ???

When you say data connections is lost, is this after you've made a connection; say your browser?

yeah.
    browser works and I can view sites not loaded before, can also view maps and satellite images. have 3g icon showing in status bar.

if I turn GPS on, as soon as I try and use it (eg to find current location in maps), I loose data connection. the 3g logo in status bar dissepears. I cant load any new maps. I cant view web pages in the browser, cant use goggle talk or any other service that uses internet. by this point turning GPS on or off has no effect, I have tried entering and then exiting flight mode in a hope that it would reinable the data connection but noting seams to work.

only solution I have found is to disable GPS and restart the device.
    once restarted everything works as normal, including internet and 3g.

have run out of ideas?????

I have exaclty the same error!!!!

do you have installed the hacked google maps app?

It looks like if you give Google / HTC a call they maybe able to advise you.

I have feeling though, that they will offer a replacement / repair.

Maybe hang on a little to see if someone else can shed some light on this issue!!

nope I have maps that it comes with out the box.
    im somewhat glad that I have not rooted my nexus if it may have to go back.

iv searched the internet allot over the past 2 weeks that iv been having the problem and I have yet to find any one else with the same problem. if any one can find any other forums with similar threads that I have missed it would be much appreciated.

do U think im better of calling htc or google? im in the uk, are either of the numbers free-phone?

HTC contact info...

+44 848900079

Also for future reference

HTC ? Support ? Customer Service ? Support via Hotline

I think that I have solved my problem: do you have more than one APN configures? this was my problem, I had a "fake" APN configured, in order to use it when I dont want to have data connections.... I know, this is a very ugly trick...

Lightbulb

OMG your a life saver. never knew some thing so small could make such a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jgato View Post
    I had a "fake" APN configured
    I had the same set-up, I had the original APN setting that didn't work and my working set so I could switch if I did not want a data connection.

followed your advice and removed all other APN settings except the ones I know work and hay presto, simultaneous GPS and 3g. i can finally get accurate GPS while browsing maps out and about. wonder why this makes a difference?

thanks jgato and every one else that helped

indeed, exactly the same issue..... cool!!! Now I am also very happy, many times I tried to use GPS and internet connection to find some place, but I could not do it, having to reboot the mobile and friends laughing...

I don't get how having a fake APN would cause it to lose connection. Seems like a bug that they couldn't be bothered to fix!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links